1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

A RDO fish

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing' started by Michael, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Michael

Michael New Member

Apr 21, 2006
    Well getting a surprise RDO today .I thought I'd head to west lakes for a flick.Most of this week Adelaide has had a either a strong or just a SE wind blowing.not something normal and I fished it last Sunday.
    So today we have a NE wind changing to a westerly .
    All the above means is was damn hard to fish .water be disturbed was great but the wind !!! While not as strong it was just a pain.
    Anyway the worst part was the big Bream had gone .I fished two beaches in about 2 hours all that took the fly were small to tiny fish .I did manage to land this small fish .
    shortly after it went very quiet so i headed to the other side of the lake still only tiny fish again and then nothing.
    But here is the tiny terror and yes he gave me a hard time with the picture
    [​IMG]
    and me trying to artistic
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. mooredup

mooredup New Member

Jan 4, 2010
    oh ehat i would give to be hooking into our swimming friends right about now... lucky u out there fishing while im stuck here watching a file restore :(

good little catches well worth the day off i reckon

3. bugsplat

bugsplat New Member

Mar 27, 2007
    Nice one Mick, keep the posts coming. I can't wait to get my car fixed so I can get out and have a fish again.

Cheers, Dave.

4. danvpcommo

danvpcommo New Member

Dec 13, 2009
    quite skillful really, to catch such a small fish on a fly, you really need to get among the big ones.

Dan