1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

A Treat

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by diesel, Feb 22, 2018.

1. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    When I was a kid, my Mum would always buy me a treat after I had been to the doctor or the dentist, usually a matchbox car. Tomorrow, I am getting a melanoma carved off my back leg, so I rang my dear old 92 year old mother and asked her if I could have a treat following the procedure and she said yes. So, as soon as I am out of the surgery, I am off to the 'f' section at my local BCF and a new rod will do instead of a matchbox car.

Why? Because my Mum said I could.

Jeff :cool:

2. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    No offence to any doctors who may be reading this, but they certainly march to a different drummer than the rest of us. In attempting a bit of small talk whilst he was removing the melanoma, I asked him if he liked fishing and he said that he considered it cruel - WTF, he was carving a bloody great chunk of meat out of my leg and he reckoned fishing is cruel????

So, procedure done and then off to BCF. I didn't really need a new rod, but that is totally irrelevant, because the fact is, I want one and as I may have stated in a previous post somewhere, wanting and needing are the same when it comes to fishing gear.

Happy to announce that a 2 piece 6'8'' Shimano Maikuro 6-8 kg spin rod has been added to the stable - a perfect match to the Stradic XGFK 4000 I purchased recently. I intend to give the outfit a punishing time on the barra when I hit the NT in April.

Jeff :cool:

3. kev209

kev209 Moderator

Aug 22, 2016
    Quite a few years back I had to get a treble removed from my arm surgically at Seymour Hospital. After the Doctor removed it he said this isn't a bad looking lure. He cleaned it up and was walking out of the room with it when I asked for it back. A not happy Jan returned it to me.

4. kev209

kev209 Moderator

Aug 22, 2016
    Tackleberry I haven't seen that username for, I don't know how long. I hope we see it a lot more

Rod Bender, creekboy and diesel like this.
  5. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    I hope so too, Kev. Tac wrote damn good reports and I enjoyed reading them.

COME BACK TAC !!!!!! Excuse the shouting, but sometimes things just need to be hollered.

Jeff :)

Rod Bender, creekboy and kev209 like this.