1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

ACT Poachers and would be fisherman

Discussion in 'The Hall of Shame' started by Got Buckley's, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Got Buckley's

Got Buckley's Queanbeyan NSW

Jul 25, 2008
    Hey fellas

Passed on some info to our mates in fisheries in the ACT and thought I would share with you boys that there has been more setlines/springers found out in the bidgee, well pine island way to be exact. So if your taking your family for a swim I would be checking where the kids are getting in and out as a big hook though the leg wouldnt be very nice at all.

There has also been reports of opera house nets being left all over the place out that way. I found a couple the other day that a few good fishos had already taken to with their knives before tossing them up on the bank. Last year there was a big press release about a platypus or two that died out there after being trapped in these nets and how much its worth of your caught with them, but then again some people just dont care do they.

And while im on my high horse I would like to give a shout out to a local fisherman who stocked up on about 6 lures before heading down to pine island for a throw. Now all good you might say, but the tosser left every single lure packet on the rocks when he left. Obviously too stupid to read the signs on the gates that say "NO BINS PROVIDED,PLEASE TAKE YOUR RUBBISH HOME" Either way this tool left a brand spanking new lure on the rock next to the packets, so thanks for my new lure tosser ;) ( I should have kept the packages and taken them back to the shop up the road and if they had paid by eftpos parks and wildlife could have tracked them down to hand the fine over )

remember if you find anything dodgy going on in canbera waters get on the phone to Canberra Connect on 13 22 81 and report it as the more reports they get, the more resources they will be given to catch the mongrels in the act.

cheers

Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
  2. dave.c

dave.c Davo

Jan 11, 2009
    Its a bloody disgrace bro and unfortunately some will never learn or maybe not want to learn.I think some of the problem is education.Anyone can go into kmart , big w , rays , bcf ect and buy these native killing traps ect but they get no advice about the rules for using such equipment.But then alot know the rules and choose to ignore them.
    As for the F&*KTARDS that leave their rubbish around ..... uummm ???
    Well there is NO excuss take it in , take it out. Drives me insane , we have such beautiful spots to fish yet these tossers choose to stuf it up for everyone.

3. Dicko

Dicko Stalker

Oct 5, 2009
    Hey fella's ! We have the adopt a lake ,etc as im sure you guys do to . But still even in Tas we have these idiots everywhere ! Found a pack of t-tails with a small hard body in it aswell the other day .Left with the other rubbish around the camp fire ! Pink4" T-tails ,obviously can't catch a fish to save himself ! HA HA !!! Wanker ...
    Keep up the good work boys !! Your top notch ...

4. Brownie

Brownie New Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Yes the rubbish thing is a problem, we went for a cast up the macquarie last week and came back with a full garbage bag of rum cans and rubbish from only one of the dozen or so camp spots in the area. Really pisses me off, there the first to whinge when public areas are closed off due to such dis-regard.all areas should be left better then when you arrive. Brownie

5. swagman

swagman New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Old rule that all should follow "leave only your footprints behind"

6. shaun

shaun Member

Apr 14, 2009
    i totally agree bucks! hook in the leg nearly as good as stepping on broken beer bottles

7. wharf

wharf New Member

Jan 8, 2009

Too right mate

8. wharf

wharf New Member

Jan 8, 2009
    The other day i saw a few young blokes fishing the ramp behind gladstone st.You ask what is wrong with this?They took their boots off and walked into the water.Something i would never do there.Bloody junkies needles all over the place.Be carefull with young kids around many spots in ACT.Used needles and condoms are a lot more of a worry health wise.Rubbish just gives me the shits.

9. dave.c

dave.c Davo

Jan 11, 2009

Good point there too bro.

10. steve611

steve611 New Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Unf**kin real,wish we could find out where they live and deposit the rubbish on there doorstep,nothing shits me more.:mad:

11. CodTaimer

CodTaimer Wicko

Feb 8, 2009
    I went fishing at Googong a short while ago, and could see a Big MC swimming around and never got lucky enough to snag him up, saw him on two return trips until the 3rd time he was gone!!!!! On closer inspection i found the remains of a set line.....hmmm i wonder where he went..grrr

12. danvpcommo

danvpcommo New Member

Dec 13, 2009

we have em up here in Brisbane too..disgusting litterbigs that leave all their crap behind and usually leave some of their tackle too.
    Pathetic..I do not know where a litterbug and a fisherman overlapp but I do not like to see it and can only put it down to lowlifes.

cheers
    Dan

13. wharf

wharf New Member

Jan 8, 2009
    I am a lure scab and am always pulling up line i find on logs and trees.My tackle tray ends up with a fair bit of line in it by the end of an arvos fishing.People leave baits packets,lure packets,old line and tackle everywhere around LBG and anywhere they fish here.Really gives me the shits.

14. danvpcommo

danvpcommo New Member

Dec 13, 2009
    yeah cool

I didn't mean to get too over the top on the issue, I was only refering to the bad litterbugs we get here in Bris, beleive me, bait packets, food packets, old bait, cans, plastic bottles, coles bags, ciggy packets and all sorts of crap can be easily dumped and left behind in one session.

And they also lite a fire!! I mean at least throw the crap into the fire, it might not be so great for the atmosphere but at least it is better than turning the river bank into a garbage dump.
    They got a fire but they prefer to just throw it on the ground ..these people need slappin.

Cheers

Dan

15. tbriggs

tbriggs New Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Found & removed a set line from LBG tonight down on the pontoon behind black mountain, had 2 big carp on it too...

16. mitchmcm

mitchmcm Member

Feb 2, 2010
    even then get rid of the prints coz tossers will always come back if they caught fish so leave not trace and your fishing will always be better

17. mitchmcm

mitchmcm Member

Feb 2, 2010
    around down here i find **** everywhere found a few sets of plastics once and find old lures that have rusted of snags every where. and every summer go for a swimm to get everyones snagged lures gotta like free gear

18. yellafella

yellafella the hammock camper!

Nov 30, 2009
    leave nothing but footsteps, take nothing but photo's

19. mitchmcm

mitchmcm Member

Feb 2, 2010
    i totally agree with ya yella

20. Benvolio

Benvolio New Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Are they available down there? I bought mine in Dubbo and use it in Walgett (west of the Newell, bycatch reduction ring fitted) but it seems like selling opera house traps in restricted areas is pretty irresponsible.