1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Biggest disgrace ive ever witnessed!

Discussion in 'The Hall of Shame' started by RoryBenn-Clibborn, Mar 6, 2010.

1. RoryBenn-Clibborn

RoryBenn-Clibborn New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    I just witnessed one of the most horrific sights a fisherman could come across at my local waterway.

I arrived to the spot not only to see the same people fishing as the last few days, but a man with a spear trying to kill golden perch. I then came across the most digusting sight i have ever seen. a pile of rubbish that you couldnt believe. Beer bottles, Bait containers, Hook packaging, fishing line, dirty and torn clothing, plastic bags, food waste, hundreds of dead carp and redfin AND 2 large golden perch left on the bank to rot! this pile was so large you could barely fit it in a box trailer.

I approached the young guys that were fishing and told them that it was an absolute outrage and told them to clean it up or i would call the park ranger.

They started to clean it up so i left. It was horrific i am in the worst mood imagineable. On the way home i was so furious but it only got worse when i turned a corner and heard my fishing bag collect my brand new rod and snap the tip off!

%^%$%%$$%^&*&%^$%$!!!!!

Last edited: Mar 6, 2010
  2. RoryBenn-Clibborn

Mar 16, 2009
    Ive called the park rangers who are now sending someone down to assess the situation.

Fingers crossed!

3. Rusty23

Rusty23 New Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Mate thats a bloody discrace - any word if the rangers got on to them? Where was it at?

A spear gun?? Some people make me sick!

Shame about the rod too mate....I have a similar story but not for the forums

Keep us posted on what happens!

4. Got Buckley's

Got Buckley's Queanbeyan NSW

Jul 25, 2008
    mate i hope the rangers catch up with them. So was it young blokes mate?

did you hapen to get any details of their rego or type of car etc? I would post it up on here so all us other blokes know who to look for. If I was there i wouldnt have been able to control myself.

Hope the ranger gets back to you with some good new

5. RoryBenn-Clibborn

Mar 16, 2009
    Hey fellas.

Most of them were young blokes maybe late teens. The bloke with the spear was middle aged. Maybe 45 or 50.

Didn't get a rego for them unfortunately. I was too furious to think straight at the time. I hope the rangers get there soon because it is a bloody outrage. No wonder the government locks down on fishing access!

And i could not believe my eyes when i saw the Golden's laying on the bank to rot!

Its too vulnerable a place to be posting on forums especially i know now that there are bloody poachers around willing to murder breeding fish just for the fun!

Its one of my favourite places left to fish in canberra but i tell you now i wouldnt mind if the government closed it off to fishing altogether to save some of the remaining population from slaughter and pollution!

people walk their dogs and kids in this area and the smell of rotting fish is almost unbearable.

6. Got Buckley's

Got Buckley's Queanbeyan NSW

Jul 25, 2008
    mate i would write a letter to the canberra times outlining what you seen, with a bit of luck it may be published. If the ranger caught the wanker with the speargun im sure that will get a start in the paper if not on the news.

I would hope if they caught up with him it wouldnt be another "warning". Seems to me that alot of people are being reported to the authorities in canberra but have any of you blokes heard of anyone actually being charged? I might do some googling and see what I can find?

7. RoryBenn-Clibborn

Mar 16, 2009
    Yeh mate i might just do that!

8. pressy boy

pressy boy New Member

Feb 3, 2010
    Thats disgusting. and for 1 the speargun 2 the mess and 3 it was just for a heap of bullshit fun. hope they get found and what they deserve.

9. skipzx

skipzx Active Member

Aug 29, 2008
    Gotta say Rory that's left me feeling sick.
    Disgusting attitude and disgusting behaviour. I hate how a minority of people can wreck it for all.
    IE, fishing, hunting, surfing and driving.
    It's just hugely frustating that as a rule we're lumped in a group because of some tools who don't know or won't do better.
    Write a letter to the paper at the least, it wouldn't surprise me if they want to do a larger story on it, I'd mention it to the fisheries guy as well (bucks has his number i think).
    Even if they don't get him this time, they might catch him later and this is another thing he can be charged for :p

10. RoryBenn-Clibborn

Mar 16, 2009
    Sorry fellas I said spear gun. I meant just a normal elastic fishing spear.
    Still just as bad!
    Sorry for the mix up.

11. skipzx

skipzx Active Member

Aug 29, 2008
    Still not on regardless mate

12. pressy boy

pressy boy New Member

Feb 3, 2010
    your right its still as bad and inexcusable.

13. RoryBenn-Clibborn

Mar 16, 2009
    If only there was a way to stop pricks like this destroying our waterways!

14. pressy boy

pressy boy New Member

Feb 3, 2010
    to true, ive seen at tweed an esky full of undersized bream, sweep and flathead get cleaned out. made me furious.

15. RoryBenn-Clibborn

Mar 16, 2009
    Maybe i should become i ranger and get stuck into canberras asshole poachers!

16. dave.c

dave.c Davo

Jan 11, 2009

Walking away without as much as a photo or rego number surely wont stop them destroying our waterways.

17. RoryBenn-Clibborn

Mar 16, 2009
    Sorry dave,

Didnt have a camera on me. And there car was nowhere to be seen. I did all i could.

18. pressy boy

pressy boy New Member

Feb 3, 2010
    i was actually thinking of doing so in a few years. i know theres alot poachers, people with setlines everywhere etc. up this way.

19. dave.c

dave.c Davo

Jan 11, 2009

Did you have a chat to them about how important our natives are? Thats assuming they even know the difference.
    Them killing all those carp and reddies is a good thing , but leaving all their crap laying about is not on.Shoulda called the ranger there and then and maybe , although I dought it , something could have been done.

20. RoryBenn-Clibborn

Mar 16, 2009
    Yeh mate, I had a stern talking to them.

They know what a Golden perch is mate, They just have no soul. I could hear them saying "Look theres another big golden put your cast over here" etc.etc.

But i had no official evidence to base my case on other than my word against theirs.

I would have called the ranger right there but i have no credit on my phone so i had to race home and call off my house phone. Hence the broken rod tip on the trip back...

I just hope the rangers got there to catch them in the act.

I might go back this afternoon with a camera and if the rubbish is still there i will take some photo's and send it into the Belconnen chronicle.