1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Black drummer

Discussion in 'Preparation & Cooking' started by gavin, Dec 7, 2009.

1. gavin

gavin New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Hey

me and my mates always go snorkelling and see alot of good size black drummer. does any one no if there good eating ? pretty keen to try catch some.

Cheers

2. wharf

wharf New Member

Jan 8, 2009
    They are a good feed mate.Nice fleshy meat.I love them cooked with lemon breadcrumbs and garlic butter.

3. the real trout

the real trout New Member

Oct 3, 2009
    yea mate they cook up awesome

4. swagman

swagman New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Mate they are fantastic eating, whats even better they are fantastic sport:) especialy on light line which is generally when you get them. I was fishing for them as a kid on the northern end of Dee Why beach just past the pool there, well actually we were fishing for niggers (Luderick) using cabbage as bait off the rocks and they would hit our lines, you were lucky to land one in five:lol:. It's like hooking 6Kg line to the back of a road train and hoping to stop it.
    They will also readily take cunjie and bread, they dont grow as big as the silver drummer but they eat 10 times better.