1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Boat Fitout

Discussion in 'Boats' started by Sparra, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Sparra

Sparra New Member

Mar 14, 2009
    Hey folks...Been years since I even looked in here but did a google search for fishing forums and here I am...On the south coast of NSW...
    I have a 5m Brooker Discovery that I want to to a refit on...DOes anyone know of any places on the net to look for idea's?? I mainly fish flat water with the occasional outside trip so I am thinking of something along the lines of a Topender with a rod locker...

Cheers...Sparra

kev209 likes this.
  2. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Strike up a conversation with Tackleberry here on the forum, Sparra.

He's pretty switched on to fitouts and building all sorts of gizmos and I've heard that he knows a little bit about fishing too :rolleyes:, especially gummy sharks. Comes from down your way near the south pole also. He's a good bloke, TAC is, but don't tell him I said so.

Jeff

Tackleberry and kev209 like this.
  3. Tackleberry

Tackleberry Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2016

Awwwwwww shucks Jeff you know how to humble a bloke ;) but i will endeavor to help any

way i can .

kev209 and diesel like this.
  4. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Haha, good man.

Jeff

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  5. skipzx

skipzx Active Member

Aug 29, 2008
    It's yank based, but tinboats.net is probably my all time favourite tinny website. Lots of posters and a whole HEAP of great info!

Sam

6. reelaxation

reelaxation Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2016
    Try www.theboatpimpers.com.au run by my mate Romano, they do all sorts of work to tinnies, runabouts, game boats etc. etc. Have a look through their gallery for some general ideas...

Also if you are on Facebook (yes I know many groan at the thought of it! :p ) but there is a group called Tinnie Mods and Repairs it as some really cool info and lots of blokes doing up all kinds of alloy/plate boats.

Good luck with the re-fit mate

Anthony
    :)

kev209 and Tackleberry like this.