1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Brindies Trip - 17-18 Oct

Discussion in 'Camping, Carravanning & 4x4' started by Adz, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Adz

Adz New Member

Sep 1, 2009
    G'day fellas,

I am currently organising a camping & 4wd trip into the brindies on the above weekend.

At this stage, we have 13 vehicles coming along...even one bloke from WA! :wideyed:
    Anyway, one of the guys coming will be setting up a Marquee and bringing down a couple of industrial ovens & spits to feed everyone together on Saturday night, so I will need to know numbers fairly quickly so I can let him know.
    If you plan on coming along on the Saturday, Im sure there will be plenty of time to throw a line in somewhere, as we wont be heading into the brindies until the Sunday morning.

Some details of the Cotter campground:
    Situated on the banks of Cotter River among shady native and exotic trees
    Separate areas for campervan and caravans (Note: No onsite power or sullage is currently available)
    Free Electric BBQ's
    Toilet, shower and wash up facilities serviced daily
    Shared wood BBQ's
    Some firewood provided but BYO to be sure (need to BYO axe)
    Pets are not allowed.
    Maximum length of stay is two weeks
    Campsite gates closed at 10pm.
    There is a small fee of $7.00 per person per night. There is no charge for children under ten years old. This can be paid to rangers or left in the honesty box at the entrance. Bookings are not required.

Everyone is welcome on this trip, so pack the minister of war and finance, the kids and get your backsides to Canberra for this one. It will be worth your while, believe me!! ;)
    Cheers,
    Adz.

P.S -Feel free to PM for my contact details if you need any further information.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  2. Adz

Adz New Member

Sep 1, 2009
    G'day again,

A couple of local blokes & myself are meeting up at the Kingo (Kingston Hotel) tonight to discuss a possible reccy into the Brindies tomorrow. You local fellas (Wharf, Rory, TempesT etc) are more than welcome to come along, have a beer & a chat. 7.30pm. PM me if you need my contact number.
    Cheers,
    Adz.

3. wharf

wharf New Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Gday fella,im busy tonight.But keen to say gday tomorrow.

4. Adz

Adz New Member

Sep 1, 2009
    Just a bit of an update fellas...at this stage we have 15 vehicles coming along on this trip, so again to all those interested, feel free to post here or PM me for details etc.
    Cheers,
    Adz.

5. tullysika

tullysika New Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Where are the Brindies?

6. wharf

wharf New Member

Jan 8, 2009
    On the western outskirts of canberra mate.