1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Brisbane Waters 20/09 report

Discussion in 'Fishing in New South Wales' started by reelaxation, Sep 21, 2016.

1. reelaxation

reelaxation Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2016
    Went out last night to chase some Bream and Flatties in Gosford around Iguana.
    Arrived bottom of the tide so didn't get any takes until after the run started but was very slow.

Around 10 the bites came on and bagged a nice 38cm plate snapper and a legal chopper which I filleted up for bait.
    Not long after I had a scorching run on 12lb and fought what I thought was a nice jew for 15-20mins before a decent sized Eagle Ray came in, so I cut the line and let him go.

Went pretty dead after 11pm stayed till 1am didn't lose any more baits so came home with just the solo red.

Will take the boat out in school hols take the kids for a blast and a dangle- hope we get onto a few flattie for the table.

Attached Files:

Rod Bender, Tinker and AWL like this.
  2. Tinker

Tinker Member

Aug 18, 2016
    Good write up mate, enjoyed it.
    Interesting how the fish switch off at the dead end of the tide.
    Like the old saying, if it ain't flowing, it ain't worth going.
    Especially on fish like bream, which seem most active on a running tide, the more fluctuation in tide heights, the more intense the bream seem to be.
    Also found the opposite for mulloway, which will often be at their most active on a dodge tide, day or night.