1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Broken Bay Breambos

Discussion in 'Fishing in New South Wales' started by reelaxation, Mar 1, 2017.

1. reelaxation

reelaxation Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2016
    IMG_20170228_010136.jpg With all the storms and rain I headed out to Broken Bay hoping for a few Greenbacks and some 'Ting Monday night
    Arrived and I didn't quite get the pick of the gutter so I stayed a little further in the wash than I intended but was short lived as the people decided the rain and wind was too much and left... So I landed on their spot and started throwing pillies and live beach worms into the hole with much anticipation- which quickly turned sour due to the weed had moved in with the current and the strengthening southerly wind
    :(
    ... So after a beer and a debate in my own head I decided to head right up into the corner next to the reef which appeared to be weed-free... turned out the best choice considering the conditions.
    It wasn't long before the rain pelted down and I had landed 1 lonely 31cm bream for my efforts
    Again I was forced to make a decision- stay and brave the wind and rain or ditch the $50 of live bait and persist. It didn't take my long to decide to stay and play the waiting game
    I did have a reprieve with the wind but the driving rain was incessant, and it was during one of the more lengthy downpours my little 4000 Baitrunner went screaming off its head and the rod was bucking like a bull in a rodeo, after a short tussle on 10lb I nailed a beautiful 37cm Bream. After dispatching the fish the rain cleared and a beautiful sky full of the brightest stars I have seen in yonks appeared before me.
    After this it landed 1 fish every cast, all between 30 and 33cm, of which I kept a single 33cm and released the rest. By this time it was just on midnight and the tide was dropping fast, I will still hoping for a couple of 'Ting but all I managed were 2 sting rays which I cut the line and let go.
    Turned out a very pleasant evening with a few fish for the table.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  2. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    Great report

creekboy likes this.
  3. ONUR ATILLA

ONUR ATILLA Member

Jul 24, 2017
    Nice and fat great size last year i was getting good sizes around Scotland island haven't been going as much lately need to get back out there

creekboy likes this.
  4. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    Hi ONUR ATILLA
    Welcome back to TBX, I think most of us are suffering the same withdrawal symptom's.
    Enjoy the forum.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
    creekboy likes this.
  5. Hen and Chook

Hen and Chook Active Member

Sep 9, 2009
    Top report Mate, reward for effort.

Chook

kev209 and creekboy like this.