1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Broken Bay session 13/04/2018

Discussion in 'Saltwater Fishing' started by reelaxation, Apr 16, 2018.

1. reelaxation

reelaxation Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2016
    After 3 and a half months of no fishing I finally convinced myself to go soak some baits down the local beach.
    After sourcing some live worms from The Entrance and having some mullet and pillies from my last outing in January I headed off with much anticipation...
    Picked my spot up close to the headland and around the reefy fringes hoping for a few Taylor on the mullet and pillies and some Bream and Ting on the worms.

First cast on the worms I got a 40cm 'Ting, followed by a smaller version around 30cm (which was released). By the time I had dehooked the "ting my big rod went off and I landed a small but keeper sized Snapper (released).
    ... Things were looking to be for a good session but I didnt quite expect what happened next...
    Both rods went off at the same time- on the big rod I landed this super duper 70cm Croc and when I had dispatched that I caught a small tarwhine on the small rod (released also)

It kinda went quiet for a bit on the peak of the tide but I did manage another 40cm 'ting no long after the slack so I was pretty happy.

The bistes come in thick and fast and I landed 3 X keeper sized Bream all between 27cm and 30cm but I released them all also.

... By this time I was getting low on bait and had thrown a bunch of frames around to try and bring a donkey Bream into the trail but I only managed to get some little sting rays.

Alas I dropped a handful of Taylor and I suspect some bigger bream and Whiting in the process but was super stoked just to get out and catch a really nice feed for a change.

Hoping to get out in a couple of weeks after all the holiday tourists have gone home and the cooler weather has settled in- its still 30degrees in the day here so its just like summer... Im itching for the drop in temps so the bigger 'Ting and Bream will come on the chew along with some greenback taylor and salmon.

Tight lines everyone

Anthony

BB_Croc_13042018.jpg Crac_n_Ting_13042018.jpg BB_Croc_13042018.jpg

Madfisher, Rod Bender, diesel and 4 others like this.
  2. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    A good feed there, Anthony. Cheers, creekboy.

kev209 likes this.
  3. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Well done, Anthony. I thought you had been a bit quiet there for a while when we weren't getting any reports. How have things worked out with your mentoring program? Did it get off the ground or not enough interest?

Jeff

creekboy and kev209 like this.
  4. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Good effort Anthony. Last year I had about a two month streak that I didn't fish and I must say nothing was stopping me. When I finally got motivated and went to a creek...getting out of my car at the fishing spot...all I could feel was relief and I wondered why had I not done this sooner! Unfortunately I still fall into the trap and am in a bit of a rut now and need to practice what I preach.
    cheers
    Jim

creekboy, AJ Fishman and kev209 like this.
  5. reelaxation

reelaxation Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2016
    Hey Jeff,Yeah its been very quiet running my PC business and family has taken a lot of my time up.
    Sadly my Little Minnows Fishing School didnt take off and I was just poring money down the drain- I invested in a bunch of new combo's and tackle boxes loaded with hooks and sinkers etc but I had not a single customer call or turn up... Lots of views on Facebook and people email asking for days and times but it just didnt work in the end- so I have closed it all down which is a shame because there was a point I was offering free classes just to get people through the door, I offered to raffle off some of the combo's in class but it was just a big flop :(
    I have restored to only fishing with my own family or myself and a few select mates in the end I feel it just isnt the right time for me to start up and as my main sponsor sold his tackle shop I was finding it difficult to get the same service from the new owner which was frustrating for me having dealt with the same bloke for the last couple of years... I dont have the time to get out and source another sponsor who can provide me the stuff I would need on a weekly basis and I cannot compete with the supposed "Fisheries" classes in so far as kids get a free rod and reel and a full kit- something I just coulsnt afford to give away at the end of each class... I maye contemplate re-opening in a few years time but I have other family commitments taking priority now, but thats another story LOL

Hey Bender,

I was going mad until I went last week and now I feel a bit more in control of stuff- so I am hoping to get out every couple of weeks just to get some me time. I tried all sorts of things from flicking lures to watching fishing DVD's and stuff on youtube to get a fix but nothing is the same as soaking a bait. So now I am a reformed bait fisherman and I doubt I will go back to flicking lures unless I am fishing with other people who are lure fisho's, and I am okay with that... Ive spent a small fortune on lures and caught nada with any of them- plastics, poppers, stickbaits, prawn and crab imitations, hard bodies, craws, you name it I have got it and tried them... Lure fishing is so frustrating I just want to keep my fishign simple now- bait I know works and I can catch a few fish and have some fun.

Until next report lads...

Tightlines
    :D

Madfisher, Rod Bender, diesel and 2 others like this.