1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Broken bay Taylor, 'ting and bream

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports' started by reelaxation, Mar 28, 2017.

1. reelaxation

reelaxation Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2016
    went for a beach sesh last night got 6 fat Taylor from 6 casts bang on sunset smallest 31cm biggest went a shade under 51cm all on mullet strips in prob the fastest and hottest Taylor bite I have ever experienced, managed to drop a couple of crackers in the mayhem, each cast produced a fish and all were taken as soon as the bait hit the water. Sadly ran out of mullet so left them on the bite and went to focus on catching a feed of ting instead on worms.
    The ting were slow to come on and I bagged 1 and dropped a handful, then aft the tide turns the bream came on... Ended up with 3 bream all around 30cm all were released.

Overall a great session even though the bream and ting were very slow I still managed to run out of bait well before I estimated, so the fish are definitely on the chew.

Sorry guys I didnt have time to take any piccies but my freezer is now stocked with fresh Taylor for both the table and a few for bait next time I take the boat out.

Tight lines

Anthony

Sprinter, creekboy, Madfisher and 3 others like this.
  2. Hen and Chook

Hen and Chook Active Member

Sep 9, 2009
    Top report Mate, well done.

Chook

reelaxation, creekboy and kev209 like this.
  3. kev209

kev209 Moderator

Aug 22, 2016
    X2

reelaxation and creekboy like this.
  4. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    X3, Cheers, creekboy.

reelaxation and kev209 like this.
  5. Sprinter

Sprinter Active Member

Aug 17, 2016
    Do you ever smoke your Tailor? They turn out pretty good. I find they dont freeze well though so smoking is a better option.

kev209 likes this.
  6. reelaxation

reelaxation Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2016
    Nah I don't like smoked fish much, have tried various fresh and salt water fish smoked but not really a fan... I pref mine either battered or stuffed and baked whole in foil. Never had issue with freezing Taylor a couple have gone a bit dry but I find the bigger ones freeze better than the little ones. I also think it depends on how you defrost them and cook them afterward- I normally let them sit in the fridge for 2 days then they defrost and all the water drains out of them properly from the freezing process, then I dab any excess moisture from the skin and gut cavity with a paper towel, then either stuff them with lemon, lime and orange wedges and dribble some juice on them before wrapping in baking paper and foil I have never had any go soggy or mushy.
    If you fillet them after defrosting they can go a bit dry but I don't mind a bit dry I just add lemon juice to give it a bit of extra moisture.

Sprinter and kev209 like this.