1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Can anyone recommend good fishing books about Australia?

Discussion in 'Going Fishing, Travelling?' started by corlettie, Aug 28, 2009.

1. corlettie

corlettie New Member

Aug 28, 2009
    I am looking for a good book on fishing in Australia, or a selection of good books, that cover as much of the country as possible. My partner and I will be travelling around Australia and will be wanting to fish as much as possible, and with as much variety as possible also.

I can't find many books in the shops over here, and I am unsure what to buy on the internet as there isn't much information given about the books.

Thank you for any recommendations you have. :)

2. dave.c

dave.c Davo

Jan 11, 2009
    Welcome to the forums , first of all where is over here? I have an exellent book on fishing in Oz , i will dig it out later today and let you know what it is called.

3. craig308

craig308 New Member

Aug 24, 2005
    g'day corlettie
    i would look for some that are written by well known fishing people this are just some
    Snane Mensforth, Bill Classon, Geoff Wilson, Steve Cooper, Steve Starling
    Rod Harrison,David Green & Ron Calcutt

4. Joffa

Joffa New Member

Jan 27, 2007
    Howdy
    My favourite would be Fish Australia, over 300 detailed map also what species you are likely to encounter in those areas.
    Cheers

5. sea urchin

sea urchin New Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Kmart is selling a 400 page book by Alistair Mcglashan called The complete fishing bible for $25.I just got a copy yesterday and it's well worth the money

6. Daryl27

Daryl27 Daryl27

Dec 28, 2009
    Another good book, for up North anyway, from Carnarvon WA right around to Sydney Harbour, is 'North Australian FISH FINDER' This book has satellite photo's and GPS points and water depth of all the fishing you could think of for Australia's North end.

It is realeased every 2yrs and I found this book to worth its weight in gold when I was on my way around Australia! It retails for roughly $25-$28
    Most News Agency's stock it but if you are interested in having a look at it? visit www.fishfinder.com/shop and see their other products as well.
    Highly recommended!!!

7. Daryl27

Daryl27 Daryl27

Dec 28, 2009
    Haha I didnt see the date you posted this...