1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

close call

Discussion in 'Aquarium Discussion' started by dave.c, Nov 9, 2009.

1. dave.c

dave.c Davo

Jan 11, 2009
    Got home from work today cracked a beer and sat in the front yard to relax for a bit when i heard the sound of running water.i got up and saw water running out of the shed and thought the bloody kids must have the hose on in there.Imagine my surprise when i went in to find my cod tank very near empty:wideyed: I quickly got him out and into the tank inside that only houses a few bristlenose catfish.

Man if i wasnt home he woulda been cactus. Anyway looks like im setting up the new tank tomorrow.

2. bognoel

bognoel New Member

Mar 2, 2009
    very lucky davo in deed
    have been lucky with claude in that he only cracks the bottom a wee bit and it seals itself fairly quickly
    i am worried about the next week of hot hot weather though as it might be too hot too quick

3. dave.c

dave.c Davo

Jan 11, 2009
    Yeah was very lucky , the silicon at the bottom front decided to let go.this is the first tank i have ever had **** itself in over 20 years.

4. DT

DT New Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Happened to me once Dave i was at a girlfreinds house and me flatmate rang me to say me tank has a crack along the bottom and it looks like niagra falls , i told him to fill the bath tub up and put the fish in it ill be home in 30 minutes , when i got home he told me he picked me Cod up and the Murray Cray had him by the tail me Eal was under the lounge and me Silver Perch was under a heap of weed , not to mention the lounge was flooded out with 600 litres of water , so me bath tub was a tank for four days .

5. Arn09

Arn09 New Member

Jan 30, 2008
    Thats some mad stuff guys, I didn't know they failed like that...