1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

cod opening classic 09

Discussion in 'Going Fishing, Travelling?' started by cod adventurer, Jul 11, 2009.

1. cod adventurer

cod adventurer New Member

Jul 11, 2009
    I am traveling down to the classic this year from brisbane to fish the classic and see if its as good as its hyped up to be
    I was to be traveling with a good mate He has had to travell oversees for work and cannot fish this event
    In short I am not wishing to fish this event solo
    If you may be interested in fishing this comp and live sth east qld or central tablelands nsw and would be prepaired to share costs please contact me.
    I have a well set up quintrex 435 hornet trophy with all the bells & whistles
    I have been a freshwater fishing mad for many years now and have travelled most of nsw&qld lakes and rivers seeking most species
    Tim

2. bognoel

bognoel New Member

Mar 2, 2009
    good luck tim will be nice to see you there

3. cod adventurer

Jul 11, 2009
    thankyou Bognoel

4. virty

virty New Member

Dec 14, 2006
    Hey mate good to see you get down, i am sure there will be another post about this comp when it gets closer. Keep in an eye out as most of use will have a meeting point.

5. Doodah

Doodah New Member

Apr 14, 2009
    When is the comp on mate? I have been busting to head south and chase greenfish. I dunno why, as where I live I can catch them all day with the choice of 2 rivers 5min from my house. I live at Moree, so you may be passing through here on your way down (much flatter than going down the New England).

6. cod adventurer

Jul 11, 2009
    G day doodah the cod season starts 1st december the cod classic is usually held the first weekend in december
    And your right i would be travelling via the newel hwy. Tim 0427031192

7. corko111

corko111 New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    now thats some dedication. a couple of years ago we had a few mates drive down for the classic and they had an absolute blast.( even if the car stayed here for another month after they left because the motor **** itself. hope you find someone and make it down tim you will have a ball.

8. Adam Bosley

Adam Bosley New Member

Dec 4, 2006
    My mate flew down from Brisbane last year on the friday morning, then flew back sunday night.
    I think he might do the same his year.

9. bognoel

bognoel New Member

Mar 2, 2009
    does anyone know when they are going to update the website and send out entry forms?

10. virty

virty New Member

Dec 14, 2006
    Bognoel - Should not be to long mate, TB have's been busy, you can call him or i would give it a couple of weeks and it should be done.

11. bognoel

bognoel New Member

Mar 2, 2009
    reakon your not too far off there virty just saw that the hume one was updated and thought that the invites came out around this time last year

12. steve611

steve611 New Member

Feb 3, 2009
    I`ve had mates come to the comp from all over oz, all of them loved it and reckon it`s the best comp going around,you`ll love it, look forward to seeing ya there.safe trip down.

13. Codclassic

Codclassic New Member

Jan 21, 2006
    G'Day Boys

The web site should be updated soon, 2-3 weeks. As usual Tacklebox members will be the first to know. Entry forms will be mailed out around the 10th September. Look forward to shouting you all a beer at the comp.

As Virty said "I have a bit on" and thats an understatement! My own tackle store, work a real job (arvo shift) 4 small business's, 5 fishing comps, footy club commitee, gym & kids seem to keep me a bit busy but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cheers TB

14. steve611

steve611 New Member

Feb 3, 2009
    holy crap tony,how do u do it,i have enough trouble keeping up with one job,one wife and a boat.Look forward to chating again at the coc. Will bring the photo of the big cod i promised u last year. Get those beer tickets ready and congrats on a great comp,just getting better each year.