1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Comslie Jetty Litterbugs - Brisbane river

Discussion in 'The Hall of Shame' started by danvpcommo, Mar 14, 2010.

1. danvpcommo

danvpcommo New Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Well yes its another littering post.
    This time it was Comslie Jetty copping it.
    I went down this morning to find fishing line, bait bags (some full and opened), a garbage bag half full of beer bottles, beers cans, shopping bags, cig packets and other assorted crap strewn all over the jetty.

Left over from last night :skeptical:

Now why do people do this?
    I really think it is a huge problem on thew shoreline of the Brisbane river and I am uncertain how this could be policed or how the littering could be curbed.

What does it take to make these people carry their rubbish to the nearby bin?
    What is the issue here?
    Is this a truly braindead demographic of fisher people who absolutely despise the environment they use as their drinking grounds?

I have gotten drunk while fishing many a time, but It never occured to me to dump my rubbish all over the place, its common sense, to bag up your rubbish and move on.
    Obviously these people feel they will never suffer any consequences.

Dan

2. keegan

keegan New Member

Feb 5, 2010
    yeah its crap. excspecially when there is a bin 20 metres away

3. riverrat

riverrat New Member

Feb 5, 2009
    lazy pricks we see alot here aswell which sux

4. mitchmcm

mitchmcm Member

Feb 2, 2010
    stupid people being lazy turds who cant walk a few metres outta there wayto a bin

5. Benvolio

Benvolio New Member

Jan 16, 2010
    I hear you mate. The spot I was at last night was about 50 metres away from a bin, and there was still cigarette packets and empties lying on the ground. How hard is it to take your garbage with you, especially when you walk right past the bin on your way out?