1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Farewell to an old (young) member of tbx

Discussion in 'Fishing in Canberra' started by Kambah Critter, May 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Kambah Critter

Kambah Critter New Member

Sep 3, 2016
    Hi everyone. I was just browsing on facebook for the first time in 2 years, as im not a big fan of the whole social media scene, and checked in to see what an old tbx member, Adam Ellison, was up to. I sadly found that he passed away last year, he was the Canberra, Kambah man who was swept away in floodwaters near the cotter dam in June, during the heavy downpours we had over a very wet spring.
    His last post on facebook was a radar image of the heavy rains coming over the ACT.

We cant be vigilant enough when it comes to crossing floodwaters in our 4bys, or even trekking up trout streams after a few decent showers. Just dont risk it, there's always another day we can wait for to get a line in.

RIP mate.
    Ant

2. Kambah Critter

Sep 3, 2016
  3. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    A thread I can't bring myself to like! I remember the name...did he use his proper name as his user name? I did a search to try and jolt my memory but can not find anything.
    Thanks
    Jim

creekboy and kev209 like this.
  4. Kambah Critter

Sep 3, 2016
    Gday Jim, good to say hello again.
    I forget his user name now, but i think it was close to his name. A google of Adam Ellison has a lot of info on his passion for music and playing guitar, and his work with local radio stations.

5. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    G'day Ant (and Georgie and the girls). Good to see you back posting even if it's bad news. The guys will be sad, but will appreciate getting the news.
    We're in Mataranka, close to Katherine, and about 350kms from Darwin. Am trying to get our updates, as sent back home posted on here. They have been a bit difficult to date. Am still trying to get them sent with images in the text, but may have to send images separately. Noel.

Madfisher and Sprinter like this.
  6. kev209

kev209 Moderator

Aug 22, 2016
    Looking forward to seeing your picts. Take care

Old fisho likes this.