1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Fellow Canberra Anglers Beware!

Discussion in 'The Hall of Shame' started by jezza, Sep 11, 2009.

1. jezza

jezza New Member

Aug 6, 2009
    I headed down to lake burley griffin, near the zoo today after work for a fish.
    When i turned off the main road into the car park a silver van that had been following me for a while also turned in and i thought nothing of it.
    After two guys in the van watched me lanch my boat, the van then drove away. i thought that it was a little wierd them watching me but thought nothing more of it.
    i was about 300m from the car park casting at some trees about 20mins to 1/2 hour later, when i heard a car spinning the wheels in the dirt and looked over to find it extremely close to my car, It was a black hatch back with loud sports exhast and thought to my self that was a bit rude flicking rocks and dust all over my car.

When i finished up about an hour later and got back to my car i found that these a***holes had been breaking into my car:(, busted my rear door window which is gunna cost me around $380 to fix and stole about $10 bucks in change.
    What i can put together is the a***holes in the van have seen me going out, and possibly gone home and returned in another vehcile to bust into my car.

So what was meant to be a bit of relaxation after work turned out to be more head ache than what it was worth, and now i will always have that, in the back of my mind everytime my car is parked at the boat ramp.:(:(:(:(

so fella's when your launching your boat next time just be a little weary if there happens to be a large silver transit type van or black hatch back simular to a mazda 6 in the area.

Hopefully no one ends up in the same situation.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2009
  2. Brownie

Brownie New Member

Mar 11, 2009
    That really Pi##es me off to here stories like that our home got broken into when i lived in canberra a real busted gut feeling to know some knob has invaded your privacy.Bring back corporal punishment for these scum.Brownie:mad:

3. CanberraDan47

CanberraDan47 New Member

Mar 13, 2009
    it sucks when bloody idiots mess with other peoples cars. my mate had his car tagged while we were fishing down the Bidgee. i agree Jezza, every time we go out now we are always worried about where the car is parked.
    p.s- i will put the word out at the tackle shop, hopefully someone can track the fools down.

4. CanberraDan47

CanberraDan47 New Member

Mar 13, 2009
    bloody oath brownie, hang the scumbags!!!!

5. virty

virty New Member

Dec 14, 2006
    Piss weak pricks- Hopefully you catchem mate.

6. CanberraDan47

CanberraDan47 New Member

Mar 13, 2009
    just wanted to let u guys know i have spoken to Bryan Pratt & he has made a mention of the cars in this Fridays canberra times fishing report. hopefully someone else has seen something- or a least people are aware of the scumbags. cheers, DAN

7. Adz

Adz New Member

Sep 1, 2009
    Sorry to hear about that Jezza...dirty f**kin pr!cks...its bullshit that there are people out there who prey on others who are just minding their own business & trying to have a relaxing time fishing!! I hope they choke on whatever they spent that $10 bucks in change on mate!

8. frenchy0809

frenchy0809 New Member

Sep 13, 2009
    i would like 5 mins with all theifs si i could shake them like a money box and turn them into vegetables

9. Arn09

Arn09 New Member

Jan 30, 2008
    Sorry to hear some f@#ktard's ruined the day mate, unfortunatley these things are happening more and more nowadays

10. John h

John h New Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Sorry to hear Jezza.

It's one of my worst fears when out fishing - coming back to the ramp to find the car/trailer stolen or vandalised.

If I see a suspicious vehicle next time, I might make a point of taking a photo of the car so they know I have a photo of them and their car. Might deter them if they have bad intentions.

11. wharf

wharf New Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Its getting worse around here.I must be lucky,they take one look at me and decide their life isnt worth what change i have in the console.

12. WOBBLA

WOBBLA New Member

Sep 9, 2009
    ...hey sorry to hear about that nasty experience there JEZZA,but you know, theres a little thing in life called KARMA...what goes around comes around...

13. User1

User1 Active Member

Aug 11, 2004
    What's really bizarre, is as I read your story I looked at the post date thinking "this is an old post" ... and then realised it isn't. A very similar story at the same location has been posted here before somewhere!

14. DT

DT New Member

Jun 20, 2009
    i had me rear window smashed at the boat ramp car park at frankston once they tried starting it with another key for me to find it snapped of in me ignition so had to walk home
    bastards...

15. RoryBenn-Clibborn

RoryBenn-Clibborn New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    F***en pricks!! Where do they get the nerve? They must've been pretty desperate and disappointed only coming away with 10 dollars.

Its' such an inconvenience and an invasion of privacy for the victims though.

Some Human Beings have a very sad existance. If only they knew the joys that life could bring to them. Such as fishing and outdoors and the beautiful planet we live on.

Such a shame. Very sorry to hear that mate and i hope the bastards get caught in the act.

16. mallee

mallee New Member

Sep 1, 2005
    This happens down the coast too, and can happen anywhere. We do a bit at some of the beachers and a mate use to leave his old ute unlocked so they could have a look and no damage.
    One day he said something to a car load of hoons and he later returned to the old ute to find they had got the hammer out of the back and got into the ute.
    Just cann't win!:mad:

Mallee

17. RoryBenn-Clibborn

RoryBenn-Clibborn New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    It's a disgrace!

18. frankied

frankied New Member

Sep 30, 2009
    i just dont understand where these people come from,
    break into a persons car for 10 measly dollars and ruin a relaxing day FISHING!!
    it just puzzles me:skeptical:

frankie

19. Canfisher

Canfisher New Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Maybe even a sticker which promotes an alarm/security system being used could also keep them away.

20. yellafella

yellafella the hammock camper!

Nov 30, 2009
    hang em by the balls