1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Good thing/Bad thing

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports' started by skipzx, Nov 12, 2016.

1. skipzx

skipzx Active Member

Aug 29, 2008
    Snuck out for a sneaky mission this morning to go fish a local trout stream.

I caught fish! Which was definitely nice... Unfortunately it looks like the rat reddies have taken over the stream :/

Still at least I found a few I guess.

DSC_0637.JPG DSC_0639.JPG DSC_0641.JPG

I caught a heap more, but at this size there's kind of not much point taking photo's!

Rod was a 5'6 NS Black Hole SG II Telescopic, 2lb straight thru fluoro so at least it was fun!

Hopefully the trout are still around and these guys aren't displacing them... It's nice having a private trout stream less than 30 minutes from home!

Cheers,

Sam

kev209, diesel, Tinker and 2 others like this.
  2. Lazyfisher

Lazyfisher Active Member

Aug 10, 2016
    Damn redfin

kev209 likes this.
  3. skipzx

skipzx Active Member

Aug 29, 2008
    Yep, they don't seem to have the characteristic "runt" traits though so hopefully they'll be at a good eating size soon.

kev209 likes this.
  4. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Give me a public cod channel less than ten minutes from home any day!!!! Am wondering if the demise of trout in this stream came about from the heat last year? When was the last time you fished it?

On another note, the 'spoon' in the last pic....how do retrieve these things?
    Thanks in advance.
    Jim

kev209 likes this.
  5. skipzx

skipzx Active Member

Aug 29, 2008
    Hey Jim just a slow roll and a very subtle shake of the hand and it dances all over the shop. You can play around with it and at one point I had it doing big S curves from side to side.

The river has a dam on it which recently spilled over, I think the reddies have been washed downstream. I reckon the cod are still in there too.

I've heard rumours of cod being caught in this river as well, but it's pretty remote and would be a long days fishing to not catch one lol.

Cheers,

Sam

kev209 likes this.
  6. Tackleberry

Tackleberry Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Sam i like that last pic ..... and if the reddys are there then the cod have some good feed ;)

kev209 likes this.
  7. skipzx

skipzx Active Member

Aug 29, 2008
    There are rumours that there are cod in this system but if there are any then they've been stocked a looooong time ago. No natural spawning in this system (well out of the Murray Darling basin lol). I need to investigate the cod rumours though!

Sam

kev209 likes this.