1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

got 2 new barra fingerlings today n they dont seem to want to eat

Discussion in 'Aquarium Discussion' started by jedohara7, Oct 21, 2009.

1. jedohara7

jedohara7 New Member

Oct 18, 2009
    hey i just want 2 no if this is normal or not its just my first barras n dont want anything 2 happen 2 them if i can help it if anyone could help that would be great thanks

2. wharf

wharf New Member

Jan 8, 2009
    How big are they and what are you feeding them.

3. jedohara7

jedohara7 New Member

Oct 18, 2009
    they r bout 5cm n blood worms

4. Im Awesome

Im Awesome New Member

Sep 1, 2009
    Jedo,

they may have been a little shocked when you put them into the tank. they could be adjusting to different water. just recently i got 2 and they did the same thing. make sure the waters ph levels are good and the water temp is 22-25*c. it took about 1.5 to 2 days for my barra finglings to adjust and start eating.

hope this helps, good luck!

5. RoryBenn-Clibborn

RoryBenn-Clibborn New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Most fish when transported and released into new environments will have a period of shock. This is why your fish aren't eating, give them time and they will come around. Fish can go on long periods without eating, you have nothing to worry about as long as your water quality & temperature is suitable.

Enjoy your Barra!

I miss the bloody hell out of mine...

Rory.

6. jedohara7

jedohara7 New Member

Oct 18, 2009
    thanks for ur info when i fed them this morning 1 was eating like no tomorrow haha but the other was still not eating c how they go tonight and how often do you think i should feed them and how big do yout hink they should b before i start feeding them feeder fish? thanks again

7. Rusty Can

Rusty Can New Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Same mine went off the tucker for a few days untill they settle.RC