1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Kaos Cod Flys Online

Discussion in 'Industry News & Releases' started by virty, Jul 14, 2009.

1. virty

virty New Member

Dec 14, 2006
    G'day All

Over resent months i have been tying and testing my own flys and now and the time has come to let you all know, that this is one of the first webs site of it's kind around just for freshwater native's. My fly's that i have tried are all for freshwater native's but most of all for Murray Cod, these fly's are bigger and more then double the size of most fly's on the market today.

I also do custom colors and stay tuned for more styles.

Anyway check it out and let me know what you think.

www.kaoscodflys.com.au

2. deej

deej New Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Awesome site and product mate, best be bringin some items with you this sat and ill bring some cash, i think we will be doin a fair bit of fly fishing, cant wait

3. coat

coat New Member

Aug 31, 2008
    Good stuff virty glad you got them up and running.. Pissed off that there is no lures anymore they worked a treat but best off luck with the flies mate.. If i ever get into fly fishing at least there will be some good gear around..

4. wharf

wharf New Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Good to see another aussie getting into making something we can all use.I will have to try a few on the bass at brogo.

5. Assassin_Spinnerbaits

Assassin_Spinnerbaits New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Top stuff virty website looks great and ya fly's look awesome !

6. Jarryd

Jarryd New Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Website looks great mate, hope the business goes great!

7. Joffa

Joffa New Member

Jan 27, 2007
    Had a squiz at the site great site and they look the goods, top effort Virty, all the best with the new venture.:cool:
    Coat those lures are still available.
    Cheers

8. chicka

chicka New Member

Aug 3, 2006
    Great stuff Virty.Good luck mate.Youv'e always set a high standard with your fishing.
    Cheers Kaos.

9. virty

virty New Member

Dec 14, 2006
    Thanks fella's - Doing the last of my testing on surface flys this weekend with some cool cod colors.

10. Jarboy

Jarboy New Member

Mar 24, 2008
    Web site and flies look great Virty.:cool:

11. Vass

Vass Member

Aug 31, 2006
    I don't know much about flys for cod virty but the do look good.

You have me thinking of using them as a teaser fly ahead of a cod lure:wideyed:

12. chrisso

chrisso New Member

May 6, 2008
    virts will be interesting to see you have a crack this weekend. never seen anyone fly fish for cod. does the lack of vibration reflect in catch rates???

13. yenda

yenda New Member

Apr 5, 2008
    looks the goods virty!!!...........

fished on a sinking line in the deep with short sharp strips and especially with a bit of bulk in your fly it will pulsate well enough to draw a strike...another fly called the 'bounty hunter', which is either a big deciever or clouser with a small spinnerbait blade that comes off the main eye of the hook is a killer pattern and works well in more turbid waters or where vibration is needed to entice a strike on fish with lock jaw........

cheers
    YENDA

14. virty

virty New Member

Dec 14, 2006
    Vass - It all good mate it's going to be a new craze.

Chrisso - They are quite but when you strip the line back it does pulse though the water and i am in line of tying rattle colors on them.

Yenda - Cheers mate.

15. Got Buckley's

Got Buckley's Queanbeyan NSW

Jul 25, 2008
    looks the goods virty, and i thought I had tucked the fly rod away for good.

cheers

16. virty

virty New Member

Dec 14, 2006
    Bucks - Good to see you have a rod, keep it out mate it's good to have something else to throw around.

17. Ozzy

Ozzy New Member

Nov 30, 2005
    Got my 7/8 wt sinking think I may have to give this Virty character a visit

Looking the goods mate impressive

Ozzy

18. Got Buckley's

Got Buckley's Queanbeyan NSW

Jul 25, 2008
    mate thats the problem, im usually throwing the rod down in disgust, im good out the lake chasing redfin on a flat surface in an open area, when theres some vegetation to contend with i end up throwing a hook around as i make a mess of the flys in no time :wacko:

Last edited: Jul 16, 2009
  19. virty

virty New Member

Dec 14, 2006
    G'day fella's

Now on line is the Cod Gurgler, it's the new way in surface fishing for Murray Cod check it out!

www.kaoscodflys.com.au

20. wharf

wharf New Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Your not alone mate,how about we team up and we can laugh at each other all day.

Virty,What rod/Line weight combo would you recomend ?I am thinking of buying a 8 or 9 weight saltwater set up.Anything special i should look for in a rod/reel/line combo?I really like the look of the cod gurglers mate.I think they would do well on bass too.Are you making your own leaders?They would have to be pretty strong.