1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Lake mac fishing reports

Discussion in 'Fishing in New South Wales' started by westyonline, Feb 18, 2017.

1. westyonline

westyonline death to the mud guzzlers

Nov 24, 2009
    As it looks like im the only resident of Lake Mac/Newcastle area on TBX, i guess i will post up my local reports for anyone who cares to read them
    went out for a flick at annies wall today...very very quiet, two small bream only
    i did have one clean bite off, but no real weight there, so probably just a little chopper tailor.
    i think the big tailor will be on the move soon, so time to dust off the 4-7kg and tie up some light tracer wire rigs..i really want to try and get them on the fly rod, but not sure how the tracer will cast, worth a shot anyway

AWL, kev209, Sprinter and 2 others like this.
  2. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Even if you don't go too well fish wise, I reckon you should still take some pics of the scenery and post them. I am sure members here will be interested in seeing them.
    cheers
    Jim

kev209 and Sprinter like this.
  3. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Good to see a report from the region Westy.

I grew up in Cardiff and spent a lot of time fishing between Warners Bay and Speers Point during school holidays. I occasionally get back down that way, have family in Awaba and a good fishing mate at Wangi.

Jeff

kev209 likes this.
  4. Sprinter

Sprinter Active Member

Aug 17, 2016
    Ive been up that way a few times on holiday. Great area, shortlisted for retirement.:):D

kev209 likes this.
  5. reelaxation

reelaxation Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2016
    Thanks mate for the report, I fish Swansea and Wangi Wangi occasionally both LB and out in the boat- The latest reports I heard are some big bonnies mixed in with the Taylor and Salmon with kings underneath in the channel. Lots of Jews coming from the drop over along with some crackin flatties in the last 2 weeks. I heard last week there was a big school of Mac Tuna in close to the Eraring Power station a few blokes cleaned up on the little speedsters before heading offshore to nail some Mahi at Swansea FAD on live slimeys. My mate who runs Ambition Charters is running out from Port Stephens and told me on the weekend the Marlin are thin but you can find them from the 40Fa line all the way to the shelf- mostly small Blacks with the odd Stripe being caught. No Blues ATM but they are hoping the shift in current from the stroms will being them closer for the Interclub Tournament.

Tight lines everyone

6. westyonline

westyonline death to the mud guzzlers

Nov 24, 2009
    finally back on air...
    have had a few reports of Salmon now starting to move in swansea channel, fly rod time!
    and heaps of mullet still schooling up off blacksmiths, for any shark fisho's out there..or catch a few mullet and chuck them in the smoker (Damn Good smoked)

Sprinter, reelaxation and kev209 like this.