1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

LBG - Two Guys, 14 Rods!!

Discussion in 'The Hall of Shame' started by John h, Feb 20, 2010.

1. John h

John h New Member

Mar 31, 2009
    I was fishing on LBG this morning and I saw two guys with 14 rods between them in the water. It looked like they had about 6 hooks on each line.

I couldn't tell what bait they were using ie worms to target natives or corn for carp.

I got the rangers number off Buck and made a call. About an hour later the rangers called back and said that they had caught up with the two fellows.

2. Got Buckley's

Got Buckley's Queanbeyan NSW

Jul 25, 2008
    good stuff, did the ranger give any details of what he found?

3. CanberraDan47

CanberraDan47 New Member

Mar 13, 2009
    nice work john. hope the buggers get what they deserve!!!!!

4. John h

John h New Member

Mar 31, 2009
    The guy that called me back (Darryl, I think), wasn't the one that went out on the job so he didn't go into details.

He said that the ranger that spoke to them would give them the "Attitude" test and would use his judgement to decide if a fine was warranted. He basically said if they were cooperative, they would issue a warning and take down their details. If they get caught again, then they would fine them.

He also said it will also depend if they were targeting natives or carp. If they had Natives in their possession, then they normally go harder on them. If it is just carp then they tend to be fairly easy. Good policy I reckon.

5. mitchmcm

mitchmcm Member

Feb 2, 2010
    good old rangers. and there should be seperate lisences one for carp and natives carpers take only carp and can have more rods and native's both haha