1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Maude or Hay Weir Fishing

Discussion in 'Regional Areas' started by luckless, Aug 1, 2009.

1. luckless

luckless New Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Thinking of heading up that part of the world for a weekend (& a couple of sickies) away. Anyone got any advice & or tips on either Maude / Hay
    weirs or a section there abouts on the bigee to camp and launch a boat, but using a small sedan to do so. Is there a ramp at Hay weir that would be OK for an easy launch? I suppose its the same question for Maude weir too.
    Any help would be appreciated, as I haven't been up that way before:unsure::) Thanks to anyone with the knowledge to pass on:).

2. boysey

boysey New Member

Sep 4, 2008
  3. boysey

boysey New Member

Sep 4, 2008
  4. craig308

craig308 New Member

Aug 24, 2005
    luckless there is a good ramp on the hay maude road at the four mile reserve

5. yenda

yenda New Member

Apr 5, 2008
    your best bet would be to hit the 4 mile concrete ramp and reserve which is about 10km out on the maude road. if you check out http://waterinfo.nsw.gov.au/cgi-bin/browse.epl?site=41010928 before you go, the best levels to launch at the 4 mile ramp using a sedan is when the weir pool is anywhere between 5m-9m(full). any thing below 5m i'd suggest a remote retrieve with a third wheel and snatch strap as the ramp ends and sharply cuts away. in a 4wd you can launch still launch when the pool drops down to 3.8m.
    maude can produce some magical fishing at times, but i's steer away from it if you notice a sharp drop in water levels as this makes the water really turbid and hard going lure fishing, and retrieving boats as the banks become quite greasy.
    hay is probably your best bet as the fishing club out there is doing some brilliant work with stockings and it's really starting to pay off and there's also a good chance of getting that big one if you put in the hours.
    maude on the other hand is not quite a reputable for large numbers of smaller fish but if you put in the hours/days there's always a chance of hooking a personal best.

hope this helps

YENDA

6. luckless

luckless New Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Thanks everyone:), that was all great advice:cool:, very much appreciated:), now to plan a weekend away:).

7. austin

austin New Member

Sep 20, 2009
    havent been up that for awhile but you used to be able to catch good

yellers, redfin on the bottom side of maude weir.

used to have nice lawns &trees

8. luckless

luckless New Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Thanks Austin, worth knowing mate.