1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Moreton Bay

Discussion in 'Going Fishing, Travelling?' started by Doodah, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Doodah

Doodah New Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Heading up to Brisbane thursday arvo, gonna go watch the Mighty Panthers play against the Bronco's (on Sunday). Thought, bugger it, may as well tow the boat up and have a crack at fishing Moreton Bay. I have no friggin idea what to expect, as I have never fished there before.
    Will most likely try and target Snapper and squid. (but no c&r for the squid :))
    I will be launching most likely at the ramp near Nudgee, going out all day sat from about 4am.

Does anyone have any advice or tips for me? I have hundreds of photos with cod and yellabelly, would like to add a few of fish from the yukky water.
    If anyone's heading out that day maybe we could catch up and I can stalk you to your best spots :D:D.
    Also, anyone recommend a good fishing shop to go to? I try to avoid places like BCF as I would rather help out the "little fella".
    Cheers,
    Mick

2. Doodah

Doodah New Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Well, pretty much had to wing it this trip, and find my own spots to fish.
    Got a few small snapper, and some small stripey fish. Then moved over to the rock wall on the outside of the Brisbane River and got a few Flathead and Tailor.