1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Mucking around in the shed

Discussion in 'Camping, Carravanning & 4x4' started by wharf, Dec 8, 2009.

1. wharf

wharf New Member

Jan 8, 2009
    I have been tinkering with things again.Two weeks ago i made a snorkel for my truck from PVC down pipe.Tested it out then on the weekend i painted it and stuck it together.I like it,might be too much for some though.

[​IMG]

Also added something i have been threatening to do for years.Beefed up pissa jets for the wipers.I removed the hoses that went to the bonnet pissa jets and ran it to these.

[​IMG]

This arvo i had a muck around with the bass boat yak.

First stage

[​IMG]

second stage

[​IMG]

Will have a bit more of a play tomorrow

2. riverrat

riverrat New Member

Feb 5, 2009
    hey mate nice work they look great

3. Got Buckley's

Got Buckley's Queanbeyan NSW

Jul 25, 2008
    geez you have that camo worked out tim, i did the boat and got three colours on and pulled myself up as it was before I made a mess of it. The canoe looks awesome

4. wharf

wharf New Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Have been playing around with different ideas for awhile.If you want a hand yell out dean.Supercheap auto has cheap cans.Go spend $30 and you have near ten cans.The colours i have used are machinery grey,creation blue,terracotta,brunswick green,the old faithfull mission brown,lime green,matt black,gloss black,gloss white.The Pattern is created with leaves cut from the bush out front of my place.Plus a chainsaw bar and chain.

5. hazmail

hazmail New Member

Aug 2, 2008
    That shed looks familiar, and the camo is amazing, as the Japs say "if you can't hide something, make a feature out of it"- looking good .pete

6. wharf

wharf New Member

Jan 8, 2009
    I was going to try and make it like the old ww1 dazzle camo.But i got carried away.

7. dave.c

dave.c Davo

Jan 11, 2009
    the bass boat looks bloody awesome bro!!!

might have to bring my tinny around for a refurb.

8. wharf

wharf New Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Anytime you want mate.

9. truebluefishing

truebluefishing New Member

Jul 10, 2009
    PVC snorkels work great and are whole lot cheaper than the commercial offerings, a couple of my mates have made their own, Love the paint job too

10. mudcore

mudcore New Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Nice work mate the canoe come up tops

11. TempesT

TempesT New Member

Aug 5, 2009
    nice mate!

You have all bases covered..... cross a deep river, you'll either make it thru or jump into the bass boat and float out!

12. Centralcoastbasshunter

Centralcoastbasshunter Bass hunta

Dec 12, 2009
    kayak looks bloody terrific!! nice job

julz

13. Timbo

Timbo Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Well done Wharf, love the snorkel but i dont think it would mach me new car. Yak looks great, dont fall out and lose it in the tees you will never find it:lol::lol:

14. wharf

wharf New Member

Jan 8, 2009
    What did you buy?I can tailor the camo to suit mate dont worry hahahahhahah.

I have a lot of bases covered now.My collection is growing.Not drinking has its advantages.I can spend more on toys.

15. chicka

chicka New Member

Aug 3, 2006
    Hi Wharf
    Love the Camo mate.Great stuff,wish we lived closer and could get a few lessons!!!
    Congrats on hitting the 1000 mark!Always good positive contributions.
    Be back soon.Will miss the fishing in the Camden Haven area.It's so varied and so good.
    Cheers

16. wharf

wharf New Member

Jan 8, 2009
    thanks mate,the camo isnt hard at all.Thing i like is when it gets scratched its easy to touch up.Where you going mate?

17. Got Buckley's

Got Buckley's Queanbeyan NSW

Jul 25, 2008
    1000 post already mate,I would have to agree with chicka, all good stuff

cheers