1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

my new rubber

Discussion in 'Camping, Carravanning & 4x4' started by chrisso, Sep 2, 2009.

1. chrisso

chrisso New Member

May 6, 2008
    just thought id put up a pic of me new tyres n rims. wont be getting stuck with these in a hurry ;). they are bfg m/t's. anyone know what sort of k's to expect out of these under a 2 ton hunk of metal?

2. Timbo

Timbo Member

Nov 4, 2008
    40k-50k if you drive like me, pretty hard:wacko:. Some will say alot more but i cannot get it. I now run a road set and a mud set of BFG M/T. Looks like they have changes the tread pattern compared to mine

3. chrisso

chrisso New Member

May 6, 2008
    yeah mate these are the new km2's. ive heard 60k from the old ones and these are supposed to be better, but they havent been out long enough for anyone to do the k's yet!!!

4. wharf

wharf New Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Got 60k out of the last set.On a 2 ton patrol.Have done 30k on this set and still going strong.They have been very good to me.But i have heard that the mickey thompson MTZ and goodyear wrangler M/T are pretty good too.Would have tried the wranglers last set but the salesman was a wanker.So i bought BFGs from where i got the last lot.Good tyre in the size i use.Very tough.The new KM2 looks the goods.

5. TempesT

TempesT New Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Clean looking truck you have there!

Its fun getting use to the capabilitie of Mt's when you get them and staying on the gas to keep the mud out of the tred.

6. chrisso

chrisso New Member

May 6, 2008
    yeah wharf they are getting quite a name for themselves. had a play today...... 2hours in the mud, 2 hours to clean the mud off!!! was getting places in 2wd with the km2's that a mate couldn't get through in 4wd with at's............ not clean anymore tempest!!

7. coat

coat New Member

Aug 31, 2008
    Ive got em on my cruiser and recon i would be around the 80 to 90000 mark.. ive had em bout 8 years so im def going to get another set.. Ive got 12.5 x 33 but next time im getting the 10.5 x 33..

8. wharf

wharf New Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Mine only last a year and a half.I would be a bit worried about their age.Eight years is a long time for a tyre.You must look after them mate.

9. chrisso

chrisso New Member

May 6, 2008
    why the downsize mate? noise? my bro has the 10.5's. they dont look as good :)

10. big gibbo

big gibbo big gibbo

Jul 10, 2009
    I agree with wharf as I ran wranglers MT on my cruiser ute and got 85000k on them and had two sets. I was running on dirt and tar. I put a set of bfg AT on the missus prado and we so far have got 72000 kays out of them and are looking for another set shortly.It used to do alot of paddock work but now just tows my boat and shuffles us around.
    I did have bfg MT on the cruiser before the wranglers and I found that they were alot softer compound than the wranglers and they didnt like the change from dirt to tar as when they were warm from driving on dirt for say 50kays then on to the tar I noticed that they wore alot quicker. I still managedto get 65000 kay out of em.
    Your cruiser looks in great shape.:cool:
    Cheers Gibbo

11. coat

coat New Member

Aug 31, 2008
    I recon the 10.5 will be a better tyre for my needs these days.I dont do much off road now just paddock work and down dirt tracks fishing. So with a bit more blacktop drivin im going the 10.5..Im not to worried bout the look side of things these days mate.. As with the old ones age of 8 years i dont look after them any more than other blokes they just keep going.. In that time ive only had one flat and that was from a bit of wire..

12. wharf

wharf New Member

Jan 8, 2009
    The mrs patrol has 10.5x31x15.They are the best size for price.They are bridgestone desert dueler.Not the best tyre on the market but they last a long time.

13. skinnee

skinnee New Member

Apr 17, 2009
    i recently got some wranglers silent armour for my 4b, so far have been good. Cant afford tyres over $300 each and cant justify going extreme off road enough. Worst i get in is a bit of wet clay or some red sand.

14. coat

coat New Member

Aug 31, 2008
    I just sold my simex jt.. Needed them in the bush down here which is real sticky clay.. I used to have 31 on my lux but the 33 are just so much better on the cruiser..

15. wharf

wharf New Member

Jan 8, 2009
    My tyres are very close to 33inch.When new they would be.

16. coat

coat New Member

Aug 31, 2008
    Just ordered the 10.5 so i should get hold of em in a week or 2.. Gone up since my last set

17. chrisso

chrisso New Member

May 6, 2008
    why the wait coat?? u goin with the bfg's?? mi just bought a whole heap in..... can i ask wat ya paid?

18. coat

coat New Member

Aug 31, 2008
    Yeah bfg muds mate.. Will be around 360 each.. just waiting to get down from melb then whenever i get a chance to drop off the ute.. Not my daily driver so im in no real hurry