1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

new tank

Discussion in 'Aquarium Discussion' started by bognoel, Nov 9, 2009.

1. bognoel

bognoel New Member

Mar 2, 2009
    its time for a new tank for my pet, claude as he has definately outgrown his new home. has anyone got any ideas where to get a 6ft tank but 2 to 3 foot wide and a cabinet for it to sit on, or a place where i can make a cabinet and get a tank made to fit? location would be in melbourne near epping and would like it in january

2. skinnee

skinnee New Member

Apr 17, 2009
    any pics there steve?

3. wharf

wharf New Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Have you got a concrete slab floor or timber?My mate had a couple of 6 footers in his lounge room.We had to brace the floor under the house.Not exactly sure how much they weighed but i figure over a ton.A 6x2.5x2.5 and a 6x3x3,Plus water,fish,gravel,rocks,timber,stand,lights and more.One of them had a timber stand and top the other was set up on milk crates with ply wood,poly styrene with a nice sheet to cover the crates.

Unless you want a custom sized tank you might find a tank with stand and everything on all classifieds.Dont know where this one is but that is cheap.

Fish Tank with Stand and Hood 6 Foot - Fish & Aquatic - Wantirna VIC | allclassifieds

4. Tombowler76

Tombowler76 EEEE OOORRR!

Jan 11, 2007
    Stephen
    theres a fellow out thomastown way i think who does custom tanks, i got some quotes off him years ago, was reasonably priced. i found him in the trading post.
    With cod you dont need too much depth, 18 inch high is enough, but you want 24 or 30 inch width. Ive got a 4x2x2 in 12mm glass thats also a great size for a decent cod. bugger is real heavy tho.
    ill see if i cant track down this custom blokes number.
    cheers
    Jules

5. bognoel

bognoel New Member

Mar 2, 2009
    no sorry mate its something i want, hence no photos
    thanks wharf and have thought of the weight hence the cabinet to distribute the weight evenly.
    have no care for cost for the right tank and service

6. Im Awesome

Im Awesome New Member

Sep 1, 2009
    try gumtree.com i got a good 6ft tank with stand for $200, bargain! gumtree also has guys advertising they make tanks! just search fish tanks on the website and that should sort you out! good luck! www.gumtree.com

7. Tombowler76

Tombowler76 EEEE OOORRR!

Jan 11, 2007
    sorry Stephen cant seem to track down the blokes details.
    Jules

8. bognoel

bognoel New Member

Mar 2, 2009
    has anyone got any other places in mind as i need one arond the 20th jan which might be hard as most shops have their time off around that time and have a backlog of jobs to get done
    does anyone have any setup tips for moving him considering he is getting a fair size now (around 450mm) or should i stick with what has worked in the past (has moved 4 times).hardest part is getting him out of the current tank, so would love suggestions, was thinking of making a sling of some sort

9. dave.c

dave.c Davo

Jan 11, 2009
    have you tried egay mate?

10. bognoel

bognoel New Member

Mar 2, 2009
    fishing dave
    stop surfing between pages
    lmao

11. shauno

shauno New Member