1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

OK I think its time

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing' started by Michael, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Michael

Michael New Member

Apr 21, 2006
    While I have been having fun chasing Bream the last few years .And with the weather getting cooler .plus a state/national dragon boat race planned shortly for my salt water play ground .Its time to hit the Fresh water.
    Going to try a public dam.
    So not certain theres any trout(could be) but there are rumoured redfin Carp and some natives .
    What the hell do I do fishing with a dry fly .Like this grasshopper pattern sitting on my computer desk.Do I cast and let it sit .Move along the surface .or what ?
    Same thing applies for wet flies ?
    Bream I know about but these fresh water fish :goofy:

2. chicka

chicka New Member

Aug 3, 2006
    Hi Mick
    I reckon it will do you good to get out of that "comfort zone"!!Sorta like sticking to the old tried and proven.Get out there and mix your fishing up and eventually target bigger and better things.
    Regards

3. Got Buckley's

Got Buckley's Queanbeyan NSW

Jul 25, 2008
    Michael, if there is reddies in there i reckon any wet fly worked near the bottom will do the job, they are the only fish i have caught on fly ( many different flies used ) and if I can do it anyone can :wacko:

cheers

4. strictlybmx

strictlybmx New Member

Dec 7, 2009
    i find with reddies in the local river behind my house they tend to hit more when im stripping wets pretty quickly

5. Michael

Michael New Member

Apr 21, 2006
    Thanks Chicka and Buckley
    My comfort Zone is about to be invaded by dragon boat racers the next two weekends.Normally I just fish around them .but it should be getting colder Bream will go out further and deeper and away from me.
    So I thought why not chase something different .Salmon Trout are supposed to be in my backyard but you know I have a thirst for something else.
    So why not have a flick in the fresh.I don't have my hopes up the strecth of water hasn't been producing much lately .Then again I wonder if anyones flicked a fly lately not certain.
    Cheers
    Michael

6. Michael

Michael New Member

Apr 21, 2006
    thanks for that