1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Shady Camp 2018

Discussion in 'Fishing in the Northern Territory' started by diesel, Feb 19, 2018.

1. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
  2. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    Hi, Jeff. That's a lot of H20 mate. Cheers Lyall.

Old fisho, kev209 and diesel like this.
  3. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    A lot of water, Lyall, a lot of fish and a lot of crocs on the move.

Jeff :)

4. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    A great area to fish Jeff.

diesel, creekboy and kev209 like this.
  5. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    The new boat ramp is a big improvement, Noel, but from what my mate up there tells me, it has led to a big increase in the number of boats on the Mary. It's a big system though with a lot of fish. We will fish the mouth most of the time to get away from the congestion closer to the barrage.

Jeff

creekboy, Old fisho and kev209 like this.
  6. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    You must be pleased you weren't crossing Qld last week. If you're fishing the mouth; where are you based? That's a long way from Shady.

creekboy and kev209 like this.
  7. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    It's a fair run from the Shady boat ramp to the mouth, Noel, but quite doable in the right boat with a thumping big Yammie pushing it. The last time I did that stretch was when I still lived in Darwin back in 2003, we spent more time getting to the mouth and coming back than we did fishing, but my mate up there has upgraded his boat since then and he tells me that he can get there fairly fast these days.

You're right about not crossing Qld last week, it was impossible to go anywhere for a while. I wanted to fish a couple of stretches of the Leichhardt River for sooties on light gear before we started our run up to Darwin, it didn't happen. That's fishing for you.

Jeff

kev209, creekboy and Old fisho like this.