1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Show us your purchases!

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Rod Bender, Sep 5, 2016.

1. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    A mate bought a 40 acre block at Baffle Creek (between Bundaberg and Agnes Waters), had it for years with the intention of building his 'dream home' to settle back in once he retired. His wife had different ideas about where they would see out their golden years, so the place became a dedicated fishing camp. A few of us passed the hat around and managed to put up a sturdy lockable shed with water tanks and because we use it more often than the owner, it's only fair that we contribute a bit of gear every now and then. The place has a split system a/c, a 540 litre beer fridge and the basic needs for a group of blokes to spend a few weeks fishing. The new generator will handle all the power we need. Apart from the midges, it's a great spot, only 550 kms from where I live and a top fishing location with a very productive estuary and good beach fishing. 11).JPG
    Baffle Creek

Jeff :cool:

2. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    I am gearing up for what will become my main mission for 2018 and that is to catch my first trout. It WILL happen and from the info I have gathered on the spotted dog, it could very well be the 'go to lure'.

Jeff :cool:

creekboy, kev209 and Rod Bender like this.
  3. AWL

AWL Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2016
    Believe it or not i've been to baffle creek Diesel.One of my dads army mates from vietnam had a farm up there,would have been about mid to late 70's. Was to young to be able to go out with them fishing or shooting,but they always come back with something.

4. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Look at these little beauties. I bought them for the trip down south next year - part of the strategic plan to fool a trout, 200 of each colour for less than $10 delivered to my mail box.

sp maggots.jpg
    sp maggots2.jpg
    I reckon they will be deadly on carp.

Team Diesel
    aka 'Maggot Man'

kev209, creekboy and Rod Bender like this.
  5. reelaxation

reelaxation Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2016
    serge lures prawno.jpg

Last week I went to one of our local lures makers and picked up some gun prawn imitations- they are Serge Lures Prawno lures they are basically a semi soft plastic with trebles.

I bought 6 and got a junior stick bait for free- for $8 each very good value :D

The best thing as these are proven on flattie, bream, ting, flounder, taylor and salmon and hand made in The Entrance, by a very nice chap who fishes every day and is happy to give local intel.

If you are on facebook check out their page:

https://www.facebook.com/Serge-lures-901033226634943/

6. Angler Fish Australia

Angler Fish Australia New Member

Nov 30, 2017
    Hey team, picked a little spinning fishing reel from a fishing store called AusFishWarehouse.
    I've used their fishing lures before with good results.
    Bought my first reel from them... extremely happy!

AJ Fishman, creekboy and kev209 like this.
  7. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    Hi, AFA. They certainly look the goods, hope they lead to lots of reports. Cheers, creekboy.

AJ Fishman and kev209 like this.
  8. CornaCarpio

CornaCarpio Member

Jan 9, 2018
    Bender, I've been going through this thread and estimate that you've spent this amount on fishing gear:

AJ Fishman, Rod Bender and kev209 like this.
  9. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    :) You haven't seen half of it! I haven't been posting pics of my recent purchases as it is just getting embarrassing!:oops: Although I have basically got everything I was after. So much stuff that I haven't used yet but on saying that I spent some time tonight watching fishing videos for motivation. I should channel most of the money for gym membership or something similar that may help...some counselling sessions wouldn't go astray either!:cool:
    Cheers
    Team Bender
    Proudly supporting the local economy!

Master Baiter, kev209 and AJ Fishman like this.
  10. kev209

kev209 Moderator

Aug 22, 2016
    I read a very interesting article a while back about loosing weight [I need to loose a bit to] by Hypnotism and Acupuncture. Some treatments but not all were very successful. I am a great believer in [electric] Acupuncture I don't mind telling people I suffer from Bipolar. To cut things short. The GP we had when we lived in the Northern Suburbs practices and teaches alternative medicine. I came off all medication and started Electric Acupuncture, it took a while now no more treatment or medication. Still have up and down days occasionally.

diesel and AJ Fishman like this.