1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Show us your purchases!

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Rod Bender, Sep 5, 2016.

1. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Very nice, Kev. I had never heard of them until now, just read a review and they are a great little 'around town' car. Did you get the GL or the GLX?

Jeff

creekboy likes this.
  2. kev209

kev209 Moderator

Aug 22, 2016
    Got the GL' It was on a special, New 14 K's on the clock, Metallic Paint and Alloys included. Weather Shields, Bonnet Protector, Tinted Windows and Floor Mats all part of the deal. And a great change over price.

creekboy, Rod Bender and diesel like this.
  3. DeeBeeKay

DeeBeeKay Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Got a delivery, surface lures.JPG

I'll try them out over the weekend, cheers davo

4. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    They are certainly impressive looking lures, Davo. I like that green one, I reckon a billabong barra would take a swipe at it if worked amongst the lilly pads. What weights?

Jeff

creekboy, DeeBeeKay and kev209 like this.
  5. DeeBeeKay

Aug 14, 2016
    diesel the Warlock Cod hoppers on the right are 30grams, the Koolabung Cod Crackers 120mm are around the same, maybe a touch more, I'm not exactly sure, cheers davo

creekboy, diesel and kev209 like this.
  6. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    They all look impressive anyway. Cheers, creekboy.

kev209 likes this.
  7. DeeBeeKay

Aug 14, 2016
    Hey Jim, check out the inside of the packet, IMG_0017.JPG

I also picked up 4 free replacement bibs from Nagambie Outdoors, cheers davo

8. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Proudly Australian owned...good job!:cool::)
    cheers
    Team Bender
    Never admits when he is wrong!:mad:

9. kev209

kev209 Moderator

Aug 22, 2016
    Proudly Australian owned. [Made in China] A while ago I looked at buying a new a reel, In small writing on the sticker it said designed in Germany, made in china, packaged in Australia.

diesel and creekboy like this.
  10. kev209

kev209 Moderator

Aug 22, 2016
    Just for curiosity what percentage of fishing gear sold in Australia is Australian made. To be honest the gear I buy and use now is cheap from Kmart, Ebay the odd bit from BCF but it suits my type of fishing. Where as most of you use and buy top quality tackle. I like the post show us your purchase, seeing photos of the new gear you buy and see how much had changed over the years

diesel, creekboy and Rod Bender like this.
  11. taspyke

taspyke Member

Jan 5, 2008

Put it back, you have to many now o_O

12. DeeBeeKay

Aug 14, 2016
    Too Late,:D cheers davo

diesel, creekboy and kev209 like this.
  13. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    I am not sure if this question could be answered accurately but it would be in the minority. Names that come to mind (that is produced in OZ) is Alvey as well as some lure manufacturers. I posted a pic of a Craftmaster Merlin lure a few months ago, these are made in Tasmania. I would guess tassie devils would be made here and I would like to think that Platypus fishing line is made here. There would be a few large large companies that make lures here in Oz. I haven't read this article in its entirety but this is the story of Predatek lures and shows some things they are up against..
    https://www.predatek.com/the-predatek-story

For the record Kev, my original comment regarding Dave's post about it being Australian owned, I was just skirting around the fact that the lure had a spare bib...which I can neither confirm nor deny that may or may not have proved me to be incorrect!:cool:
    cheers
    Team Bender
    Admits nothing!

AJ Fishman, diesel, creekboy and 2 others like this.
  14. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    I picked this up from the local Compleat Angler store last week for $24. So far...so good!
    clippers.JPG
    cheers
    Jim

AJ Fishman, diesel and creekboy like this.
  15. DeeBeeKay

Aug 14, 2016
    Have you lost it yet?;) cheers davo

creekboy, Rod Bender and diesel like this.
  16. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Something scary has happened to me - I just spent 3 days in Rockhampton and did not visit one tackle shop.

Should I seek professional help?

Jeff

AJ Fishman, creekboy and Rod Bender like this.
  17. DeeBeeKay

Aug 14, 2016
    Ask them why they changed the season. There has been a bloke up here crating all weekend going out at night without lights to check the nets

diesel and creekboy like this.
  18. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    Yes...you need help!

Dangerous Dave's failed attempt at trying to pm me!:cool: As for your question why did they change the cray season. The cray regs changed dramatically in NSW due to pressure on the cray population and I think Vic had no choice but to follow as our rivers would be smashed by people who normally cray in NSW.
    cheers
    Team Bender
    Generally knows what he is doing!

DeeBeeKay, diesel and creekboy like this.
  19. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    I don't agree with Rod Bender on this one, I think Jeff has now gone way beyond help. Cheers, creekboy.

Rod Bender, DeeBeeKay and diesel like this.
  20. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    You could be right, Lyall and it may be worse than I thought. I must have spoken to more than 50 people at the local markets yesterday and never said a word about fishing. There is something weird happening in the cosmos methinks and it is having a detrimental effect on my behaviour.

Jeff