1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

show us your ride

Discussion in 'Boats' started by jewiehaven, Aug 14, 2016.

1. kev209

kev209 Moderator

Aug 22, 2016
    She looks great, I would be a bit upset selling her. Just for curiosity have you seen her since you sold her and what condition is she in now. We had a small tray truck some time back it was kept in showroom condition, we saw it about 12 months later, it was fit for the wrecker.

creekboy and Old fisho like this.
  2. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    And seeing ladies involved again. Welcome Old fisho Noel.

creekboy and kev209 like this.
  3. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    Kev. Yes. We had a call from the new owners about a year later. Tony needed to find out something about her many pieces of electronic equipment. She lives on the Hawkesbury River now, and he says she is treated like a goddess, and they are as much in love with her as I was. Typically Spanish: Tony cooked a monstrous paella for about 18 of us the night before he towed her away. It was the first time she'd left Eucumbene in 17 years.

creekboy and kev209 like this.
  4. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    That's the type of water I like to fish Noel. It's getting harder to find the quiet spots these days, especially now that kayaks are fast becoming the most popular fishing platform just about anywhere you go.

Jeff :cool:

creekboy, Old fisho and kev209 like this.
  5. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Well...this is my ride! :cool:
    bike 18.jpg
    One of our members may be familiar with this track! I haven't ridden the bike since the onset of winter and am now putting it off until the finish of magpie season!:eek: The rear wheel rim is just let us say 'heavy duty' as are the spokes so it carries my weight easily. I have bags that fit on the pack rack and can get enough fishing supplies in there to last for hours! These tracks offer some great access to spots along the Broken and Goulburn Rivers. Am going to have to go into training again! When I used to ride down there I was always 'gonna' take the fishing gear but never did.
    cheers
    Team Armstrong
    Doin' my best to avoid drug testing!

6. AWL

AWL Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2016
    Nice wheels there Bender:cool:

Old fisho, kev209 and creekboy like this.
  7. Ditch

Ditch Active Member

Oct 7, 2017
    Hi Guys, just signed up to the forum so I thought I`d post some info on my ride as a first post. It`s a late 1970`s 4 meter fiberglass Bertram Caribbean ski boat that I purchased 20 years ago for a $1000. Came with a 65 HP Mercury Blueband, back to back seats & a homemade tilt trailer.

Stripped it down in 2003 & repainted it in blue (was aqua), rebuilt the gearbox on the merc.

[​IMG]

Re did it again in 2008, this time painted it black, stripped out the seats & fitted a flat floor, carpet & pedestal seats. Added a Minn Kota transom mount motor for trolling. Added some rod holders & a homemade rocket launcher style rod rack.

[​IMG]

The old Blueband was becoming a bit unreliable, so replaced it with a new 40 HP Mercury "Lightning XR" 2 stroke, new forward controls & power trim in early 2012. Also replaced the transom electric motor with a 55lb bow mount Minn Kota. The motor had only done around 12 hours, the dam levels were very low & the boat was parked up at the end of 2012 with a bent axle on the trailer (long story!) & worn out tyres.

Had it covered with a tarp under a tree, the tarp had collapsed in like a swimming pool liner & filled up with leaves & water. The spiders had taken over & the whole thing was a mess until I dragged it out at the start of August & got to work cleaning it up.

Ripped out the plywood floor which had rotted & replaced it, along with new carpet. Sanded down the top & repainted it. Removed the bent axle & straightened it. The trailer had 10 inch wheels, so I decided to replace them with larger ones, also had to replace the guards to get the new wheels & tyres to fit (15 inch). Rewired the whole boat & trailer, sanded & re varnished the old wood dash.

The motor took a bit of work, the carbys needed cleaning as the jets were blocked. Paid the rego, got the trailer inspected & registered. Took me around 4 weeks to get the old girl back on the water.

[​IMG]

Want to add a Bimini down the track & maybe upgrade the seats.

Iv`e had her out every weekend since, once to Copeton Dam, once to Lake Keepit & 3 times to Splitrock Dam which is only 1/2 an hour away. Even managed to catch a few fish!. Got it set up the way I like to fish, trolling & casting around the timber & can have a bit of fun as well if the fish are not biting.

[​IMG]

Forgot how much fun it is out on the water........looking forward to some great fishing this summer.

kev209, Old fisho and Sprinter like this.
  8. Sprinter

Sprinter Active Member

Aug 17, 2016
    Hi Ditch welcome to the site!:)

I have to say I think the boat looks great in the black. I might be biased though as mines black too. You should be proud of your work. It looks a million dollars.

Look forward to some stories of your fishing with it.

kev209 and Ditch like this.
  9. Ditch

Ditch Active Member

Oct 7, 2017
    Cheers Sprinter, could have just bought a new boat but I like the old girl & with the new motor feel a bit safer to keep her on the water. Lucky to have 3 large impoundments within 2 hours drive so hope to be hitting them hard over summer. I can hear that 1 meter + Cod calling.........have already caught a 70 cm one 3 weeks ago (although was fishing for Golden Perch at the time) so looking good so far.

Tight Lines!

Sprinter, kev209 and Old fisho like this.
  10. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    Pretty impressive first post. Hope we never see the last post. Noel

kev209 and Ditch like this.
  11. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Welcome aboard Ditch!

kev209 likes this.
  12. Sprinter

Sprinter Active Member

Aug 17, 2016
    Ditch has inspired me to finally post a picture of mine:)

Attached Files: