1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Some days are diamonds others like today aren't

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing' started by Michael, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Michael

Michael New Member

Apr 21, 2006
    I tried a couple of different beaches at the lake this morning down the southern end.I wont be going back again in a hurry!! And then went to two beaches I have fished before .At the same time there was an ABT Kayak bream comp on .So pickings were slim .The wind while not strong was sticky half way along each beach it would change directions !!!Very hard to cast at times .
    And not every fish I catch is big or a PB
    fish 1 my smallest Bream or fish ever on a fly today
    [​IMG]
    And this fish fell to a popper fly at beach number 3 first two beaches got zilch .The fly is almost longer than the fish!!
    Fish 2 slightly bigger at 16cm well probably double or so in size.It did fight well and was hooked well through the lip
    [​IMG]
    Fish 3 I didnt bother to measure smaller than number 2 but bigger than number 1 .It fell after 9.30am well past good popper fishing time !!
    [​IMG]

And that as they say was that I kept wading and casting but by 10am I had had enough .
    Cheers
    Mick

2. bugsplat

bugsplat New Member

Mar 27, 2007
    At least your fishing Mick, I can't wait to get out and wet a line. Hopefully this week I can get out and wet a line, it's been months for me. I'll have to remember how to cast all over again. :D

Cheers, Dave.

3. Michael

Michael New Member

Apr 21, 2006
    no worries Dave today was even harder .
    So many yak guys in that comp .
    I lost about 6 tiddlers but at least I was out in the sun :D

4. chicka

chicka New Member

Aug 3, 2006
    Hi mick
    How are you going mate?Has it been wet down there?Hope your fishing has been kind!
    Cheers

5. Michael

Michael New Member

Apr 21, 2006
    Hey chicka
    No real rain yet .The next few days Tstorms are forecast and humid again.
    Up until Sunday fishing had improved greatly !!
    Poppers plus wind = Bream :D