1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

spavin lake sunbury kiddies fishin comp

Discussion in 'Regional Areas' started by carpmaster, Jul 19, 2008.

1. carpmaster

carpmaster New Member

Jul 14, 2008
    on the 26 july the sunbury angling club is holding a fishing comp for kids aged (5-17). there will be a free sausage sizzle and clinics on casting baiting knot tieing ect. it starts at 12.pm to4.pm there will be prizes handed out for the biggest smallest fish and everybodys welcome if your interested just tag along!!! carpmaser:connor

2. carpmaster

carpmaster New Member

Jul 14, 2008
    oh and bring your own gear

3. User1

User1 Active Member

Aug 11, 2004
    Awesome connor, sounds like a good day out.

Has or is the lake going to be stocked? It was meant to get trout last year which didn't happen. The redfin haven't been biting there for quite a while now.

4. carpmaster

carpmaster New Member

Jul 14, 2008
    its getting stocked constantly with reddies trout and apparently sais my mate whos dad is the guy who is part of the angling club yellowbelly acouple of years ago (so that explains the massive fish abot 60cm wich kept on raising nearby thought it was a carp)

5. User1

User1 Active Member

Aug 11, 2004
    I think that information is incorrect.

6. User1

User1 Active Member

Aug 11, 2004
    Also, the email address around the place for Sunbury Angling Club doesn't work, if your mates dad can get a correct email address it would be great connor :)

7. User1

User1 Active Member

Aug 11, 2004
    I'm aware of the Yellow belly ...

See:
    [​IMG]
    :)

Agreed on the reddies, but unless the trout have been put in very recently, I'm very sceptical. :)

Needless to say, on the day I would be more than happy to come down and help!

8. chrisso

chrisso New Member

May 6, 2008
    :eek:i never knew there were yellas in spavin?????????? WTF ive fished there a few times and caught a few reddies, no trout and never a yella. heard of trout being put in there but never even seen a rise......... thats amazing. how long ago was it stocked with yellowbelly???????? reddies average bout 20 cms but have caught them as big as 30:confused::confused::confused::confused:

9. User1

User1 Active Member

Aug 11, 2004
    From 2007:
    Spavin Lake (Sunbury)2nd and 3rd term school holidays
    That is incorrect - it didn't happen in my opinion. DPI could neither confirm or deny this when I tried contacting them on three occasions.

10. carpmaster

carpmaster New Member

Jul 14, 2008
    when my freind told me about the reddies i was thinking he might be tellin a lie but he said thay do im just goin by what he said and what did u get that yella on and what date..
    because i was in that exact same spot when they were riseing

Last edited: Jul 21, 2008
  11. carpmaster

carpmaster New Member

Jul 14, 2008
    i remember when i was about 5 my dad took me down there to catch yabbies nearly every weekend !!! we were filling eskys to the rim at some stages until.............. the summer after than bang neva eva seen one or heard of one being caught out of there :confused: I THINK I NO WHAT HAPPENED?

12. chrisso

chrisso New Member

May 6, 2008
    take yellas over yabbies any day:D;)

13. chrisso

chrisso New Member

May 6, 2008
    hey guys, headin down to spavin sometime tomorrow, the angling club has asked us to get down there, any tbx'rs welcome as it would be a good chance to meet. fullboar are you still going? are you a member of sunbury angling club? Marc are you going????? wont be there till after 11, should be a good day

14. carpmaster

carpmaster New Member

Jul 14, 2008
    does any 1 know the amount of fish caught

15. sunbury kid

sunbury kid Not Fishing . Not Living

Jul 16, 2009
    r u allowed to fish in spavin?

16. sunbury kid

Jul 16, 2009
    wats in there. reddies, trout anything else?

17. chrisso

chrisso New Member

May 6, 2008
    i doubt there are any yellas there(left)!!!! i havent caught any, nor heard of any for a long time. be nice to stock some in there

18. sunbury kid

Jul 16, 2009
    what can you catch trout and reddies on?

(because i found some really good fishing spots)

19. chrisso

chrisso New Member

May 6, 2008
    yeah, i need a private damn somewhere :) actually i need the space for a damn, then im sweet :) lol

20. corko111

corko111 New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    just throw a few garden worms on a hook and you will have a fair chance of catching something. not sure if your into lure fishing but ifso there is a heap of different ones you could try from celtas through to rapala or even the old tassie devil.