1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Stoppin off at Bruns at Chrissy

Discussion in 'Going Fishing, Travelling?' started by danvpcommo, Dec 13, 2009.

1. danvpcommo

danvpcommo New Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Hi all

I will be stopping of at Brunswick heads for a night or two just before Christmas.
    I will be with my brother traveling south to see family.
    Beers and a camp-over for two nights will be on the agenda. I know flattie can be had in the Bruns river by boat , but we will be land based and I am liking the wall/beach area for a location at night.

Any tips on what bait and what can be had there at this time of year? So me and my bro can at least get our riggs right in hope of catching a few fish.:rolleyes:

cheers

2. Rayc

Rayc New Member

Mar 14, 2007
    g'day dan, was up there last yr, there's a liitle bay just on the town side of where the creek that runs through town runs into the main river, so on the upstream side of the junction, try behind the stone breakwater into the small bay on the flats. If you take a yabby pump with you there are heaps to be found at low tide in the same bay. Theres also a good whiting hole in the drop off into the main river that you can get to by wading out into the creek from the downstream side , about 1/3 of the way across the creek.
    if your on the other side...try the junction with the creek there, its a bit longer walk about 700m and the yabbies arent as plentiful but its more remote.

work both on the run out tides.

3. danvpcommo

danvpcommo New Member

Dec 13, 2009
    thanks Ray

I do have a yabbie pump and some smallish circle hooks and longshanks in the box, so I will take your advice and see how we go on light gear for the bream and whiting.

Might also try the SP's.

Cheers