1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

thieves

Discussion in 'The Hall of Shame' started by bognoel, Dec 12, 2009.

1. bognoel

bognoel New Member

Mar 2, 2009
    hi all went to yarrawonga on the weekend down stream of the weir and stayed the night and silly me left the boat in the water right in front of the cabin. went and checked at 11pm and all was good but some time between then and 8am someone decided to steal the missus rod from the boat with spinnerbait attached that was bought 3 days earlier. luckily we took the tackle bags and some other rods with us when we went up for tea.
    what happened to the good old days when there was a common courtesy amongst fishos not to go through other peoples stuff?
    very dis heartening to say the least and the missus is shattered

2. jewiehaven

jewiehaven reelaxation

Jun 17, 2009
    I was fishing @ Killcare Beach one night and to walk back to my car, only to find some campers who were trying to break into it.
    They had shut the door as I was walkin up the trail and when I asked my mate if he remembered me leaving the door unlocked he told me I double checked every door prior to leaving the car there.
    Similarly my uncle had hiw 4wd nroken into at the same beach- he now drives his car onto the sand and parks it next to his gear.

Mate low life scum is all I can say- and totally disrespectful!

3. dave.c

dave.c Davo

Jan 11, 2009
    sure does leave a bad taste in your mouth.

4. Arn09

Arn09 New Member

Jan 30, 2008
    Sad to hear mate, I'd love to come across pricks like that.... give some ol country hospitality!

5. Poolie

Poolie Your mothers lover

Jun 2, 2009
    When will people learn we fisho's carry big sharp knives!!!

6. Elbogrease

Elbogrease Member

Dec 9, 2009
    We've had the tea leaves out at the Hume weir ramps over the last few weeks. Lock yer cars and put kit out of sight.:mad:

7. wharf

wharf New Member

Jan 8, 2009

Its still survives in a small percentage of us today mate.Like i said the other day,when it takes tying a bluedog to your gear to stop it being messed with its time for us to be allowed to deal with these things our own way.

8. tinnyb

tinnyb New Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Dick Smith have a remote control alarm available for about $50.00, they come with 2 remote controls they are programmable and give off a fair sound when triggered.
    I keep mine under the seat of the boat overnight when camping.
    Well worth a look considering the value of some of the gear we carry in our boats

9. Ozzy

Ozzy New Member

Nov 30, 2005
    It's amazing how many times when someone is caught breaking into a car or house or whatever , just how clumsy they become and how they fall over and do all manner of things to hurt themsleves , why do they fall over and hit their head on the car door , or they seem to hit their head on a big stone sitting on the ground. I've even heard of the silly buggers throwing their faces at peoples fists and boots , and then to top it all off when you try and help them up they fall over again. Might be time for them to take the hint and stop stealing.

Cheers
    Ozzy

10. steve611

steve611 New Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Love ya work ozzy,if i caught anyone in my ****,not even god will be there to help these pieces of ****,court system is a joke and unfortunatly they know it,time to hand out our own justice i think.

11. straydog

straydog New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    when they accidentally knock them selves out or hurt them selves to the extent that they cant walk, dont call the cops they may get the mistaken impression you may have had something to do with it, just drag them up the road a bit so the cops or an ambulance can find the poor buggers, you would hate to find your selve being accused of being un feeling to the poor miss understood buggers...

Last edited: Dec 15, 2009
  12. bognoel

bognoel New Member

Mar 2, 2009
    guys this is not the reason i started this thread at all.
    what i wanted to do is raise the awareness that not all people are as honest as we had wanted them to be and to be aware that where you leave your boat is open to people that are not as honest as the majority of people. please remember this when you are next out on the water so that hopefully you do not have the same misfortune that we have had

13. Timbo

Timbo Member

Nov 4, 2008
    We usually store our stuff out of site in lockers etc. If we cannot do it take into camp and store away. For the 5 mins it takes to do it, it saves alot of stress.