1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Time to stay home.

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Master Baiter, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2017
    After 70 plus years of fishing now its time to give up through health.The last straw being that after having an injection into my eye ball every 8 weeks and for the rest of my life, and three eye operations I cannot tie knots anymore which is part of the fun the knots outlasting the fish.
    I am now getting rid of a lot of my gear most great condition as I up grade each couple of years and not been using it more than a couple of times. I will not get rid of my Black Queens or my Mitchell 320 reels. If any one is in the Market for redfin, trout, yella's and cod gear feel free to get in touch.
    Cheers Wally

creekboy, kev209 and diesel like this.
  2. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Sorry to hear that, Wally. Have you considered getting some rigs made up with a quick connect gizmo so that you don't have to tie knots? Could be worth thinking about before you unload your gear.

Jeff :cool:

creekboy and kev209 like this.
  3. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2017
    I have given it lot of thought but being unsteady using a stick now with arthritic knees does not help. I saw the surgeon who did my hip 2 years ago last week. he is operating on one knee middle of Feb.
    Wally

creekboy and kev209 like this.
  4. kev209

kev209 Moderator

Aug 22, 2016
    It was very sad reading your post Wally. Remember you don't have to go fishing to be a member of TBX. Your mates are always hear for you.

5. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    I agree with Kev, MB. I have only fished a couple of times in the last couple of years, but still enjoy the site . Hope your knee surgery goes OK. Cheers, creekboy.

Master Baiter, Rod Bender and kev209 like this.