1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

wagga trip

Discussion in 'Going Fishing, Travelling?' started by wharf, Aug 19, 2009.

1. wharf

wharf New Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Last week i was asked by davo if i was keen for a trip to wagga down the river.Bloody oath i said.Bartos and bretto also put their hands up.Must have been the weekend for zip in the fish department.No fish caught.But we always have a good time no matter.Arn09 even dropped in for a quick fish and to say gday. Here are some pics.

Bartos has a new truck,goes bloody good too.

[​IMG]

the boys

[​IMG]

Here is just one of many set lines we destroyed.

[​IMG]

Really amazing how heavy the gear is sometimes.

[​IMG]

Bretto and davo standing on a good snag.Bloody fish were there,just not eating
    [​IMG]

Chinook doing a fly over

[​IMG]

bartos standing in front of a couple of huge reds.

[​IMG]

2. skinnee

skinnee New Member

Apr 17, 2009
    nice pics, bloody idiots still using set lines.

3. hazmail

hazmail New Member

Aug 2, 2008
    Wharf, nice pics- I haven't fished the biggee around there for 15 years since I lost track of a brother in law in Griffith (marriage crashed), these pics really bring back memories - like you say, it's not the fish that make the trip, it's just being there.pete

4. CodMerv

CodMerv New Member

May 31, 2009
    huge Reds!!!!! Looks great - love a weekend like that

5. skipzx

skipzx Active Member

Aug 29, 2008
    Looks like a good weekend mate! Too bad the fish didn't behave, ahh well, maybe next time

6. DT

DT New Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Monster reds there Wharf , reminds me of the old gums on Mount Macedon in vic before the ash Wendsday bushfires ,,, AND WOT IS THIS Chinook some sort pf weather balloon???

7. wharf

wharf New Member

Jan 8, 2009
    You dont know what a chinook is?

8. Doodah

Doodah New Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Here's one we prepared earlier

9. Norbs

Norbs New Member

May 27, 2008
    What area of the river did you hit Wharf??

Norbs,

10. Arn09

Arn09 New Member

Jan 30, 2008
    Yeah it was good to catch up with a few TBXers if only for a hour (had to a wet a baby's head). that is a great spot there and if lotto comes to the party I'll grab one meself! Shame about the fish, but they are there. Another plus to that is you get to come back to that spot and have another crack around that island.

11. wharf

wharf New Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Wasnt having a go at you DT,dont know to many people who havent seen a chinook.

Its a cracker spot.Only the 2nd time ive been there.Dave has fished it more and has caught some nice fish there.

12. dave.c

dave.c Davo

Jan 11, 2009
    Its about 10 minutes outta town towards Collingullie. My mate owns near on 1000 acres there right on the river.Its a fantastic spot to camp and the fishing isnt to bad either , just not last weekend hahaha .

13. Norbs

Norbs New Member

May 27, 2008
    Nic work Davo - good bit of water around that area!!

Norbs,

14. wharf

wharf New Member

Jan 8, 2009
    The tackle store on the edge of wagga is a terrible place to walk around with bugger all coin in your pocket.So many bloody bits of kit i would love to buy.Will have to save some coin for the next trip.I spent over a grand shopping with my eyes last trip hahahahah.

15. dave.c

dave.c Davo

Jan 11, 2009
    tell me about it mate , wouldnt be hard to spend a few grand.