1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

windy sunday

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing' started by Michael, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Michael

Michael New Member

Apr 21, 2006
    After being sick last weekend and sitting in the grandstand at Noarlunga yesterday .I was bursting at the seams for a fish today.With a forecast of 20-30 knot winds from the south east. And my daughter laughing at me when the weathers good you can't go and when its bad you can. ;) :p
    But I was thinking wind water movement perhaps a big fish today.
    Yeah well first off I was on the wrong side of the lake the wind was just blowing my fly back onto land when cast.
    So a change of sides and I'm off .
    Wasn't that good lots of small fish jumping .Even saw the largest PRAWN in my life at the lake jump jump and jump out the water.I cast my popper nothing .then another metre on and bam three or four small /tiny fish tail spit the fly .A larger Bream jumped but missed .
    Then I'm on with a bigger bream lasted all of a minute damn thing spat the fly .I swear I set that damn hook :angry: .
    So on the next cast I'm on with a small fish landed this one .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tried the next beach along lots of tiny fish jumping but nothing big would strike .
    And that was it most of three beaches fished for a tiny fish .
    But take it from me the wind in the grandstand at noarlunga was colder and stronger :eek:hmy: :p