1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Wyndemere

Discussion in 'Going Fishing, Travelling?' started by wharf, Jul 26, 2009.

1. wharf

wharf New Member

Jan 8, 2009
    I have been asked to go to wyndemere for the last 3 years by a good mate.Having not had time or going somewhere else i thought it was time to stop threatening and just go.Have never been there before.What can i expect?I have seen a video made by a mate and they caught fish (yellas) up to 20 pounds,the average being around 12/14 pounds mostly on yabbies.Any of you blokes have any experience at wyndemere.

2. cod adventurer

cod adventurer New Member

Jul 11, 2009
    windymere

Gday Wharf
    I grew up fishing these waters Species yellas murrray cod and trout
    although I went there last December to fish it for a two day trip cought one small cod down the bottom near the wall boy line
    But i did not stay more than 3 hours as the weed covered everything and surounding everything by about 12 inches worst i have seen it ever I went to burrendong insted for a fish
    trolling was very difficult casting was nearly as bad as the rotten weed seemed to be everywhere
    Even the skiers were absent But i found them later!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I hope the place is not like that now So i would phone the guys at mudgee camping store to find out
    I have caught some cracking cod and football yellas there over the years mainly jigging around timber and blading around steep banks
    and if your really wanting to relax drowning a bait at night is great as the skiers have all f----d off to upset the camp as well
    I will always cosider a fish there everytime Im in the central tablelands if the weed and algie is ok
    If any of you guys reading my posts think i have a problem with water hoons your dam right I had one boatload of moorons plow into me once my boat a right off I lost heaps of gear to davys locker I have had a boat go past one side the skier the other costing me 3 top end loomis rods with the rope. when i challenged the skipper a punch up was had for my trouble.
    Its not a big lake and it lives up to its name for wind also with little places to get out of the wind
    I hope the weed is ok and the fish are on.
    Tim

3. chrisso

chrisso New Member

May 6, 2008
    when i challenged the skipper a punch up was had for my trouble.

Mate thats dead set wrong, to loose gear to a dickhead and then have to fight for it is a discrace.

4. wharf

wharf New Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Thanks for the heads up on the weed and the tools in ski boats tim.My mate has been fishing there a long time so i guess he would know what conditions are like.Might give him a call anyway and see if he has looked at any recent reports.If any skippers of ski boats want to get involved in a punch up with our crew they will wish they had never seen us.

5. cod adventurer

Jul 11, 2009
    Yeh well Ive never been one for fighting but when i finished with the skipper I trashed his boat and his car I played by his way of life not right but felt great at the time.
    he wont forget it His gutless mates just looked on
    Guess they thought he was out of line too.
    Ive got some video of it somewhere.

6. wharf

wharf New Member

Jan 8, 2009

It is sad when situations crumble to violence.His mates arent gutless,they actually gave you a fair fight in my book.Plenty of gutless pricks will gang up on one fella.

7. Brownie

Brownie New Member

Mar 11, 2009
    It's a real shame that a minority group of turd munchers can ruin a name for so many i give skiers a fair mouthfull occasionly. fortunatly for me most of my fishing is done in backwaters. It also gets up me because i enjoy a ski with friends during summer, although we have and always will respect the rights of all using the water. Brownie

8. Arn09

Arn09 New Member

Jan 30, 2008
    Wharf I head up there annually in October and have a great time. the last few seasons we have just stuck to trolling Frenzy lures (jackall ripoffs) and have worked brilliantly. Before that we walked and cast structure from the bank with good success as well.
    I generally get between 10-15 fish per day on these guys and drop about half as many (hence why I keep going back there!). My biggest yella to date is a healthy 605mm but could have been bigger as he sort of bow'd on the brag mat. They are big head shaking fat bugga's and you'll be hooked. Keep an eye on ya hooks that they dont go soft or blunt and you'll be having a great time.
    We generally ask around the park as well as to what colours they have been taking as I have over the year found it changes, dark purplr/black, fire tiger and gold and black have been the stand outs so far.
    These pics below are from last year.
    Me and a 54cm silver
    [​IMG]
    Curtly 59cm yella
    [​IMG]

9. Timbo

Timbo Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Massive Silver Arn, as well as a good size yella;)
    Might have to put this on my goto places now

10. Got Buckley's

Got Buckley's Queanbeyan NSW

Jul 25, 2008
    we headed up there for the golden classic last year, struggled big time with the weed and wind :(, had the place written off, then I see some pics like Arns and read some storeys and im hanging to give it another crack. My old man cleaned up fishing yabbies up there on his last trip. 5 fish over 55cm in two hours. Hope they are on next time i venture that way.

cheers

11. dave.c

dave.c Davo

Jan 11, 2009
    Stonka of a silver there Arn!!!

12. CanberraDan47

CanberraDan47 New Member

Mar 13, 2009
    I headed up there for a week earlier this year. unfortunatley we could only launch the boat on the first day for very little action- bloody jetskiers!!. the rest of the week saw gale force winds and non stop hail/rain. (we spent most of the trip down at rylestone pub).
    I will definitley be going back there next january for redemption!!! it is such an awesome place. there are so many places to fish in that area aswell. (p.s- wharf, if you get a chance when you are there duck into camping world mudgee and ask for "blueys fishing map" it has a heap of different places to fish and a good rundown of the dam itself.)

13. wharf

wharf New Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Thanks arn and dan,the trip has been postponed until around october.My mate called the park and the dam is at 12% and very weedy.I think i may just head up to top lake instead.Give the trout a nudge.You keen davo?Bartos is keen as.

14. dave.c

dave.c Davo

Jan 11, 2009
    Always keen man , you know me.

15. cod adventurer

Jul 11, 2009
    Have a look at the Mudgee/rylstone dress code in oct
    We are sweating pulling 140 cm barra and 60cm jacks
    by sept O how i dont miss the weather down there Only two states to be in QLD or pissed preferably both
    nice fish mate and im sorry to here the weed is still unbearable

16. wharf

wharf New Member

Jan 8, 2009
    It really is a cracker of a silver ARN.

Cod adventurer,ive lived in qld and you can keep it mate.Too bloody hot.Give me winter in Canberra anytime.Only good thing about summer is fish bite better and women wear a lot less.

17. boysey

boysey New Member

Sep 4, 2008
    It might be only magazine talk but Starlo wrote an article in a recent freshwater mag about the Golden's at Windemere. I'll chase up the article if you would like to see it.
    Cheers
    pete

18. wharf

wharf New Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Would be good mate,any info i can get will help for the future trips.

19. dave.c

dave.c Davo

Jan 11, 2009
    Ive got that mag mate , ill give it to ya , Also save you some time Pete.

cheers Davo.

20. Doodah

Doodah New Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Starlo has done a couple of DVD's at windy too.