1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

You will get caught

Discussion in 'The Hall of Shame' started by virty, Jul 1, 2009.

1. virty

virty New Member

Dec 14, 2006
    Police road blitz snares alleged fish thieves

Three Melbourne men pulled over by traffic police during a road blitz in East Gippsland during the long weekend will also face charges of illegally taking black bream.

Police searched the vehicle after it had been stopped between Bairnsdale and Stratford and allegedly found 108 black bream in the boot. Fisheries Officers were called to question the men and they found 81 of the fish to be below the legal size.

Fishing equipment worth an estimated $500 was seized by Fisheries Officers and the men will be charged on summons with various offences including taking undersized fish and exceeding the bag limit, which is ten a day.

2. bognoel

bognoel New Member

Mar 2, 2009
    thats bad hey but you can see by the cost of the equipment taken that they were not reel fisherman
    lol my reel alone costs double the amount confiscated
    hope it all came from a tip of a concerned fisho though

3. wharf

wharf New Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Real fishermen dont poach or take undersize fish mate.The gear they use was probably crap they chucked together to use in case they did get caught.Beside the fact you would have to be a total fool to do the deed in the first place,to use expensive gear and get caught would be just deserts in my book.Plenty of people get caught up the mountains each year and have their 4wds,boats and all the fishing gear impounded and auctioned off by the cops or fisheries.It makes me wonder how they can think a couple hundred fish could be worth your truck boat and gear,plus the huge fine and permanent record to follow you for the rest of your life.

4. CodMerv

CodMerv New Member

May 31, 2009
    Bloody morons...

5. dave.c

dave.c Davo

Jan 11, 2009
    these pole smokers need the book thrown at em , but most of the time its a slap on the wrist and the loss of their gear ( which doesnt sound like much ) lock em up for a while.

6. CanberraDan47

CanberraDan47 New Member

Mar 13, 2009
    good to see the bloody fools get caught!!!!

7. coat

coat New Member

Aug 31, 2008
    Fair chance there gear was not rods and reels... Nets it would be thinking.. It happens to offten these days.. And it really hurts the bream as they only grow slow as it is

8. moater2

moater2 New Member

Jul 16, 2006
    Just wondering if it was a car full of a certain ethnic group??

Whatever the case it's good they were caught.:)

Darren

9. Got Buckley's

Got Buckley's Queanbeyan NSW

Jul 25, 2008
    gear taken should include any fishing gear at their homes aswell. And does anyone know what the go is after they are done? do they have licences cancelled ( if they have one ) or can they head straight out and wet a line ? ( following the rules ), I reckon they should be banned totally for a few years atleast.

cheers

10. tednted

tednted New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    No wonder I cant catch fish !!!! :)I musn't be a real fisherman because the most I've ever spent on a rod is $90.00 & that hurt. Then I went & spent $200.00 on a reel & that hurt even more:rolleyes::lol::lol:
    On a serious note ,the pricks derserve evrything they can throw at em & then some :mad:
    Cheers AL

11. Cunno

Cunno Cunno

May 27, 2009
    I seriously wish more could be done to acually significantly fine these idiots. If the penalties were harsher it would make certain people think twice about breaking the law! Good to hear finally some people get caught!

12. wharf

wharf New Member

Jan 8, 2009
    The penalties i agree should be high,but they are already high now.I mean loosing your gear and vehicle/boat plus huge fine is not what i would call light.But it is still not enough to stop the poachers from doing it.What do we need to do,go back in time to the dark years when poachers were shot?

13. Ozzy

Ozzy New Member

Nov 30, 2005
    Problems I see are they will use a shitbox car and an average boat knowing full well if they are caught they aren't going to be out of pocket and the fine isn't massive. Now if they were to lose their house and 5 year jail term and any super forfieted to the government then they will think twice. It's one thing to lose a couple of grands worth of gear but losing 5 years of your life your house and super may make them think twice.

Yep or maybe cut off one hand like they do overseas if your caught stealing , maybe a tattoo across the forehead saying POACHER

Cheers
    Ozzy

14. Arn09

Arn09 New Member

Jan 30, 2008
    Good to see the local boys in blue using a bit of nouse and sticking it to these twits. I feel the gov. needs to put more resources to stop this in the first place. By that more fisheries officers visually seen to be active all the time, as this visual presence would be deterrent enough I think.

15. wharf

wharf New Member

Jan 8, 2009
    I agree something more drastic has to be done.I would also like to see stronger penalties for all crimes.Would feel a lot better if it was legal to beat **** out of someone who steals your car or you catch someone in your house and not get in the **** more than the person who is comiting the crime.

16. Got Buckley's

Got Buckley's Queanbeyan NSW

Jul 25, 2008
    yeah thats the problem tim, you can belt someone half to death and get a year, rape someone and get 3 if your unlucky, stealing is just a slap on the wrist. Those that hand out the punishments need to take a good look at themselves.

but then again the poor people who break the laws might have a.d.d. or they got belted around when they were younger, or it was the drugs that they are addicted to that caused it etc etc etc etc etc...... what ever crap their lawyers come up with.

people do not have to take responsibility for their actions anymore, so i dont see how taking a few undersize fish will ever be punished accordingly ( well what us bloke think is fair ) when those that commit the most horrific of crimes get a slap on the wrist.

The judicial system in australia is a joke, if theres no deterrent the laws will keep being broken and its the good people who suffer. And they wonder why society is going down hill.

ill get of my high horse now ;) but it is a disgrace.

17. wharf

wharf New Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Deep down i think the govt needs crime.If there were no crimes a lot of people would be out of a job.If they punished everyone acordingly the jails would be over flowing.So i guess we can never win.

18. dave.c

dave.c Davo

Jan 11, 2009

exactly!!!
    why would these "fishermen" be upset about loosing a $150 vn commodore and a shitty old square hook? Then the fine is still **** all compared to the amount they have been making from the poached fish.Where is the deterent? I mean if the punishment was say loosing a hand or worse this crime would be nipped in the bud so to speak.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2009
  19. jimmy 23

jimmy 23 Jimmy

Jun 9, 2009
    pricks

thanks virty, its good the bloody basterds were caught, although i reckon they should recieve much more of a punishment than that, lock em up.
    cheers jimmy

20. naynay12

naynay12 New Member

Aug 31, 2008
    well jimmy,thats going a bit far aint it?