1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

8 year old to be kidnaped.

Discussion in 'Fishing General Chat' started by Bluefin, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Bluefin

Bluefin Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2016
    I need to be home around 10;00 tomorrow, so Im going to kidnap my 8 yo grandson at 4:45 ish out of his bed and chase fiatties on the flats up the Maria. He can change at the ramp !!! [​IMG]

He knows nothing about it !!! He He ..

2. Dickson

Dickson Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2019
    You know I didn't catch my first flatty until I was about 20. I wish I had a Grandad like you mate:)

3. Bluefin

Oct 24, 2016
    Another forum thought the title inapropriate. and removed it. Hard to have a joke these days, Though I can understand it !!!!!! He and his mom, live with us and I asked her first. Im kidnapping him as a surprise, Ages ago I told him I would do it one day!! He wont be surprised too much !!! Howard

4. Dickson

Jul 13, 2019
    People are too sensitive and socially correct these days to any comment. I miss the good old days where you could have a joke and people understood it. Now you get shot for anything. Enjoy your fishing and I hope you and your grandson get some fish it's much better than them being on their phones or ipads.

5. Tackleberry

Tackleberry Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2016
    I'm offended you used a term involving guns ......

Not

6. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    aaaaaaarrrrrggghh!!! did someone say gun ? quick hide! something bad is going to happen!

7. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    Moons ago Lyn our Son and I meet Col Elliot before one of his shows, we spoke with him for quite a while. He told us he had to take care with the jokes he used in his shows because of the way they could be interpreted.

I don't know how Kevin Bloody Wilson gets on, he just doesn't seem to give a Stuff.
    KEVIN BLOODY WILSON for Prime Minister.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
    creekboy and Dickson like this.
  8. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    yeah bring back the common sense

9. Bluefin

Oct 24, 2016
    Out Gunned Today, Woops Sorry !!!!!
    Loghan 5 Flathead, 1 Bream 1 Tailor. Me 3 Flathead . Size didn't matter to him, He caught fish !!!!
    upload_2019-12-23_16-35-12.png

upload_2019-12-23_16-35-55.png
    upload_2019-12-23_16-36-29.png

10. Bluefin

Oct 24, 2016
    He's a clown !!!

Tackleberry, creekboy and kev209 like this.
  11. Dickson

Jul 13, 2019
    I love it when I get out fished by my kids it shows they are learning even if they give me a hard time about how much better fishermen they are than me.;)

12. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    The look on your grandsons face makes it all worth while. What do you reckon H.

13. Bluefin

Oct 24, 2016
    He is deliberately making faces. But he certainly was happy !!!
    upload_2019-12-23_17-7-31.png

14. ratherbefishin

ratherbefishin Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2019
    Most importantly....

Fabulous to see you out with your grandson Howard and building memories with him. Reflecting on the responses in the "What got you into fishing" thread, you've given him a fantastic gift. :)

You're a better man than me mate; I don't understand it. People need to accept that the world doesn't revolve around them and thus they're going to find things they don't like - and come to terms with it. I find it immensely troubling the way in which society wants everyone to pander to every other person's sensibilities, regardless of how frail they may be.

I want to like this post Kev.....but it depresses me. :/

Tackleberry, kev209 and Bluefin like this.
  15. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Tackleberry, kev209 and Bluefin like this.
  16. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    For my money it's an excellent post.
    While I try to be aware of others feelings, knowing that we are all different, I wonder what became of the Australia wherein we could call our best friend a bastard and he'd laugh with you. Today he's as likely sue you for vilification or some other equally damnable thing.
    In something I wrote a while back I made this point:
    Beginning of a chapter
    IN THE BEGINNING
    Simon Peter said, “I go a-fishing” and they said,
    “We also will go with thee”. [John XX1: 3]

No doubt there’s some form of genetic control that makes me fish; just as different genes make others do different things. These genes dictate what people do and permit no deviation. Driven by such forces, this ‘ordinary bloke’ has fished for over seventy years; collecting thousands of happy memories and few bad ones. Hopefully the time I have left will be spent creating more new memories.
    My stories of catching big fish would perhaps fill the back of a large stamp but being a fisherman is more than just catching big fish.

There's lots more before this bit at the end of the chapter:
    Hopefully I will rekindle some forgotten experiences, reminding others that the life of an ‘ordinary’ fisherman is far from dull. But above all else; I hope to encourage you to ‘go a-fishing’ and teach your young ones to do the same.
    Noel
    I'm on your side all the way Howard

Bluefin, kev209 and blair like this.