1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

A friendly reminder

Discussion in 'Fishing General Chat' started by kev209, Dec 14, 2019.

1. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    Our son has just reminded us not to add any departure dates to posts.
    We don't know who is reading our posts.

2. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    I doubt if any villains could pinpoint who we are or our addresses Kev even if we do give details of when we are going away. I don't recall providing any personal details here on the forum that anybody could access.

We have a system back home where we just advise our local cop if we are going away and he will swing past the property every couple of days, sometimes throughout the day and sometimes after dark, plus our neighbours keep an eye on things. One neighbour who is a good mate, likes to practice the old custom of discharging his 12 gauge some nights just to let others know that he is armed and shouldn't be messed with. It was a nightly ritual with miners and prospectors back in the goldrush era especially in rich areas like your golden triangle in Vic and it has become the bane of the modern detectorist - every projectile that went up had to come back down and for every bit of gold detected you could almost guarantee that you will most likely detect 99 bullets or shotgun pellets.

Jeff

3. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    You can notify the police here to, but there is not enough of them to cover the area the have. A very good friend usually calls past everyday checks out our unit and collects the mail. I learnt the hard way when I put my mobile number as a contact when we had the the get together at Nagambie.

diesel, creekboy, blair and 1 other person like this.
  4. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    I only give out details via PMs.
    No matter what the risk, it's safer
    Noel

diesel, kev209 and creekboy like this.
  5. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    All good advice, Cheers, Lyall.

diesel and kev209 like this.