1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Admin fix photo down loading

Discussion in 'Chewing the fat' started by Master Baiter, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    I just tried posting a pic the proper way with no luck. I was hoping it may have been sorted. Tim must be active to some point as he appears to have deleted some crap posts from a new member over the last week...or are they still there? Reality is TBX will not get back to its former glory. But it would be great for the current few active members if the problem was sorted!
    cheers
    Team Bender

Old fisho, diesel and kev209 like this.
  2. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    The crap about about buying licences etc Was deleted by me

Old fisho, Tackleberry and diesel like this.
  3. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    So you still have mod powers?

4. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    No. at the bottom of the first post in a thread usually has delete, if you do click delete all the following posts will be deleted also

Old fisho, diesel and Rod Bender like this.
  5. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    I don't have that option Kev.

6. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    I don't know why I've got access to it

Old fisho and diesel like this.
  7. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    I'll check to see if I still have

Old fisho and diesel like this.
  8. Dickson

Dickson Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2019
    I have the same problem or I would upload some photos:(

Old fisho, kev209 and diesel like this.
  9. DeeBeeKay

DeeBeeKay Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    I also get that message, I would say that admin has no trouble because of the admin settings, cheers davo

10. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    After several conversations with Kev, I can now post images. I'd like to once again thank my old mate for that. I'm not super bright so it means two things: One, I initially didn't get my head around what he was telling me. As usual, probably looking for difficulties that didn't exist. The second is that if I can do it, anyone can. Having learnt that much, perhaps I can in a more simple way, explain how I do it and once understood, it's easy. However, with my main camera at 18mpics, I have to resize them which I do through 'Paint'. 18mpics is a lot of data. Some use 'photoshop' but I find 'paint' easier. It may not work through your phones; I don't know about that bit.

If you have typed some text into a post, click the cursor to where you want the image to go.
    Click 'Upload a file' at the bottom of the post.
    A drop down will appear and it will be in front of your post. Both can be seen at once.
    If it's not automatic, open pictures folder in the new drop down box.
    Search the picture folders and select the image you wish to use.
    Put the cursor on the actual image, it will work with the name or number too.
    Hold mouse down on the image and without lifting it, drag, slide, whatever, the cursor to the spot
    chosen for the image in your text.
    A small indicator will travel with the cursor. The text box will momentarily darken and return to normal in one or two seconds.
    The image will now be seen as a 'thumbnail, below your text box after a second or two.
    Close the drop down box.
    Select either 'thumbnail' or 'full image' to complete the process and your image will be in the post.
    You can insert more than one image by this method.
    Do it half a dozen times in an empty text box for practice.
    You can delete each image if you don't want to actually post them.

May sound complex but I eventually realised it's quite easy to do.
    IMG_3426TBX.jpg
    Here's an example.
    Noel
    Dumb but smart enough to work this one out with some help from Kev.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
    kev209 and diesel like this.
  11. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    Thinking about the above; I'd be fairly sure that if you plugged your phone via a USB into the PC, you could search through 'Computer' or 'My Computer', then the phone for the image required, and then use the same process. Once understood it takes only seconds.
    How to do without a computer I've no idea.
    Noel
    Continually adding to his ignorance.

kev209 and diesel like this.
  12. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    I just left click down on pic from list hold down button drag to insert box on post then let go button. I still have lot to learn using tbx.

13. Tackleberry

Tackleberry Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2016
    I am dumb as dog **** on all this but I use a tablet so none of this works ......

diesel, kev209, blair and 1 other person like this.
  14. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    kev209, blair and Old fisho like this.
  15. Tackleberry

Tackleberry Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2016
    That's what I do

16. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    In spite of the difficulties, we seem to generally have the means to overcome that problem. If you can post images, it doesn't matter what you use.
    Noel

diesel and kev209 like this.
  17. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    Reality is the system is flawed and admin is nowhere to be seen to fix it. There are a lot of other options in regards to social media where posting pics is a lot easier. The majority of potential new members will choose not to bother with this site if they stumble across TBX.

It is great that people here are happy to be a mod. It is not great that FA can be done unless admin comes online and appoints someome. Tim possibly has a good reason that is holding him back. Reality is nothing can be done in the meantime.

Noel, the regular members here may agree with your comment. The people who did not bother signing up msy not agree. Of course they won't comment because they did not stick around.
    Cheers
    Team Bender
    Some people think I am negative, I believe I am realistic!

Master Baiter, diesel and kev209 like this.
  18. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    Hi Noel, if you could create another post [topic] explaining how you download your pictures it might help the members and anyone thinking of joining TBX. Only a thought

Old fisho, Master Baiter and diesel like this.
  19. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2017
    I would have thought running a forum you would want to be part of it, and putting in as much of your own time as possible.
    Tim if adding photos is a bit of an expense to put on don't sacrifice a great forum, just ask for a small donation to help funds.
    I have no doubt a lot of old TBXers that left after the site had problems are still looking, and maybe waiting for Photo access to reconsider coming back
    Wally.

kev209 and Old fisho like this.
  20. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    You could be right Wally, but for some reason Tim doesn't seem to give a rats about TBX, to me there doesn't seem to be anyway he is making money from the site but I could be wrong. There are no sponsors no advertising no membership fees, no Admin no Mods. I don't have a clue how much it costs to run a forum but I don't think it would be cheap. When TBX was having problems before it went to sleep for a while, there were members that offered to buy the forum. I never heard if any negations ever took place