1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Alcheapo action camera

Discussion in 'Electronics & Gizmos' started by Tackleberry, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Tackleberry

Tackleberry Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2016
    if anyone is interested in getting an alcheapo action camera like a gopro but don't
    know what to get these are ok .

i just use it in 720P as i don't realy have a big enough screen in the house to warrant
    1080P.

it ain't no gopro but it dose the job for $50 to your door the only thing i don't like is lack
    of sound , here's a short vid of my humble boat .

cheers TAC .

creekboy, Lazyfisher and diesel like this.
  2. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    It's good clear video TAC and you could always add some commentary or even a bit of music with an editing program.

What brand of camera is it - I've been looking for a cheapie to carry in my kayak.

Jeff

creekboy likes this.
  3. Lazyfisher

Lazyfisher Active Member

Aug 10, 2016
    That's a good vid your tinnie goes pretty good.

creekboy likes this.
  4. reelaxation

reelaxation Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2016
    That's a great score for $50 delivered- I agree about the sound quality but excellent video.
    I have the GoPro Hero + LCD and its great IMHO for a fraction of the Hero 3/4 and takes great piccies aswell as videos. I like it because it got the viewfinder I hate taking video when I cannot see what the hell I am looking at, esp underwater.

Have got a few good clips from last years trip to Daydream Island but we didn't fish while we were there- the charter was cancelled due to "unforseen circumstances" but I got some good clipz while we were snorkelling and feeding the reef fish.
    I will try to dig them up and upload them.

5. Tackleberry

Tackleberry Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Jeff just put action camera in evil bay and thousends come up just get one that dose 720 120fps and the pic quality will be better than mine as it's only 60fps .
    i don't know if it's ok to put up a link ?

thanks it bangs a bit but it is very stable and she dose 59kph with the right prop and with the prop i use off shore it bangs on the rev limiter at 54.5kph .

creekboy likes this.
  6. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    I'll stay with my easy to use video glasses. They do a top job for me.

creekboy likes this.