1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

ALVEY GOING FAST

Discussion in 'Fishing General Chat' started by kev209, Aug 6, 2019.

1. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    Came across this on Motackle today, I thought someone might be interested as there was a bit of a discussion on Alvey gear the other week
    Screenshot (21).png

2. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2017
    Started three weeks ago all the small reels went in two days. there were about seven stores with sales that are not carrying Alvey anymore. I only found out shopping around for a low mount Rod. I noticed a Shimano sale up to 40% off all reels.

Old fisho, diesel, creekboy and 2 others like this.
  3. Master Baiter

Mar 31, 2017
  4. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    I wonder if it is just a marketing ploy by Motackle, playing on the change of ownership of Alvey as also possibly being a change in the reels. From what I have read, it is business as usual for Alvey with the former management being retained by the new consortium to ensure supply of a product that has been successful for a long time.

Jeff

Old fisho, creekboy and kev209 like this.
  5. Master Baiter

Mar 31, 2017
    True Jeff, but Anglers warehouse was once one of the best Alvey dealers around. They are no longer going to sell them I was told that when I rang them. I would imagine the dealers would be unhappy with Alvey selling direct to the customer .
    Wally

6. reelaxation

reelaxation Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2016
    Hmmm... Interesting ploy by Motackle to shift all their stock ... maybe a change of dealers and also allowing direct purchase through Alvey might be better in the future.
    I will watch this space as I am pretty keen to expand my current Alvey reels to some of the smaller models like the 50 and 55 series so this could be a good opportunity to sell some of my spin gear and invest in the Alvey.

7. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    There are some changes...the following come from the Alvey facebook page...

"It has been very difficult over the last 18 months planning how to relaunch our business to grow our brand and sales to take us forward. As I mentioned we are going to use Alvey Accredited Dealers. Not everyone in retail is happy with this decision but we either closed the doors or we try something different. However we can not tolerate bullying or abuse of any one or from anyone we do business with. We have survived for 99 years by respecting everyone we do business with. We look forward to developing a new strong business model to go long into the future. There are lots of new things going to happen as we move forward and hope you join us on this ride. Good Fishing and Kind Regards Bruce Alvey."

If Motackle no longer stock Alvey, then they were likely just clearing what they had. If they do continue to stock Alvey, then they were likely just clearing what they had! Perhaps a marketing ploy whichever way you look at it!

I lifted the following pics from social media...they show some new and styles/products which were on display at AFTA.
    Alvey.jpg
    But wait, there is more...wait for it!
    Alvey spin.jpg
    A spin reel! Judging by the pic, it may have won an award as well!
    cheers
    Team Bender

creekboy, blair, reelaxation and 3 others like this.
  8. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    That doesn't surprise me, Jim. When I read about new ownership of the company I wondered if they would diversify and venture into other reel types. Very interesting, perhaps baitcasters will be next.

Jeff

creekboy, kev209 and Old fisho like this.
  9. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    It's a wild looking piece of gear.
    Noel

creekboy, kev209 and diesel like this.
  10. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Watch this space Noel, Team Bender will give a detailed review for us - he definitely needs to add one or two to his arsenal :rolleyes:.

Jeff

11. reelaxation

Aug 12, 2016
    Keen to get the specs of the drag and what kind of components its using- It sure looks awesome and I reckon they must have put in some decent engineering into it if it won award at AFTA.

I am waiting with baited breath for Bender product review in the very hear future LOL

12. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Here's another pic, it's a serious looking reel for the beach. I might become an Alvey convert yet.

Alvey spin reel.jpg

Jeff

creekboy, kev209, Old fisho and 2 others like this.
  13. reelaxation

Aug 12, 2016
    Oooooh-la-la very sexy reel indeed <3

14. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    Alvey have new products and better marketing apparently, but I think they are letting themselves down with the lack of detail online regarding some of their new products. But it does look promising for the Alvey fans as well as for the future of the company. It is great how they have bounced back.
    Cheers
    Team Bender
    Not the tackle floozie everybody thinks I am!

15. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    Maybe not but we like your responses.

creekboy, diesel and kev209 like this.
  16. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    Maybe I am!!! In breaking news, I will be submitting a color design to a local store which will then be submitted to Oargee lures to sus out if it is suitable for a production run! If it succeeds, it shall be known as the 'Rod Bender' color (I just made that name up)!
    Cheers
    Team Bender
    Lure designer to the stars! (not really expecting this to go far)

17. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Can we expect a sneak preview or do we have to wait?

Jeff

kev209, Rod Bender and Old fisho like this.
  18. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    The alvey spin reel looks like it Is strong and has all the usefull featues . go aussie

19. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    Hope I sorted the sig bit this time.

20. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    I thought the same, Blair. The handle knob is huge and obviously made for some heavy cranking.

Jeff

creekboy, kev209 and Rod Bender like this.