1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

An apology.

Discussion in 'Fishing General Chat' started by diesel, Mar 13, 2018.

1. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    It seems that an image of a bloke jumping in the air wearing ski boots and holding a parasol has been deemed offensive by others and I apologise to those that are offended. Why you should be offended is beyond me, but that is something others can ponder.

I do have a warped sense of humour at times and I can assure all members that I'm not about to change. On that note, rather than have to be so damn careful that my posts do not offend others, I take my leave from the forum, effective immediately.

Jeff

kev209, creekboy and Hen and Chook like this.
  2. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Warped sense of humour...join the club! As for taking leave, I seriously think you should reconsider. I can not believe some of the issues here on this small forum with the incident with Kev being abused and now somebody being offended with your pic. It was a photo, nothing more, nothing less. Some people take things to serious and ruin it for everybody. I am offended because they ruin it for everyone.
    cheers
    Team Persuasive
    Hoping you will reconsider.

diesel, kev209 and creekboy like this.
  3. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    It's time I had a spell, Jim, let others have their say for a while.

I will keep the membership going and come back at a later date.

Jeff

4. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    Hey Jeff!!! I note the date of your departure as 13-3-2018. Today is the 14th. That makes it a later date and therefore expect you are now back again. Noel.

kev209, creekboy and diesel like this.
  5. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Haha, I'm still lurking in the shadows, Noel. Maybe I was a bit hasty in declaring that I was jumping ship, need to give it a bit more thought.

Jeff

kev209 and creekboy like this.
  6. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    I'm glad your staying aboard Jeff

creekboy and diesel like this.
  7. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    I gave it more thought, Kev and decided to just pull my head in a bit, think twice before posting some things and keep on enjoying the forum.

Jeff

8. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    I'm definitely not leaving TBX I'll still be kicking around.

creekboy likes this.
  9. Tackleberry

Tackleberry Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2016
    I had to look up what a parasol was and I am confused I think anyone that got offended from that should have been banned ........... and should through away their tech so they don't get offended anymore

10. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    It's a sign of the times, Tac, political correctness throughout the world has been taken to a new level.

There was a time when something had to actually offend somebody to be declared offensive, but now, something that is deemed to have the potential to offend is labelled offensive, whether it does or it doesn't. Where all this will end is anybody's guess.

Will society reach a point where everybody is constantly monitoring the behaviour of others in case the slightest thing threatens their comfort zone?

I do believe that we are heading that way. One only has to look at the world of caravanning to see that the harmony that once existed amongst practically all travellers has eroded to the point of creating a rift that is rapidly expanding. This is due to not so much the inconsideration of some travellers in their behaviour, but the intolerance of an increasing number of people out there who seem to spend their lives looking for things to upset them.

It would be a shame to see political correctness sweep through the world of fishing - I've always viewed fishos as being tough enough to ignore crap like that, or if they can't, give back just as much as you take and grin whilst doing it.

Jeff

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  11. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    It has already started Jeff. We are not Fisherman. [found this on the net] Our language has evolved and changed to try and become more gender neutral and 'politically correct'. For example, policeman to police officer, fireman to firefighter, and now fisherman to fisher.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    Old fisho and creekboy like this.
  12. Tackleberry

Tackleberry Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2016
    i hate to say it buy we need another world war ....... then maybe people will rediscover what really matters in life

Old fisho, diesel and creekboy like this.
  13. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    Well. As far as I am concerned, I am a fisherman. As for political correctness it should remain as two words," TOTAL BULLS--T ". Cheers, creekboy.

diesel and kev209 like this.
  14. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    A war, I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I'm not racist, I've got no opinions on gay marriages is doesn't worry me. But this political correctness is driving me up the wall. I read an article a few months ago that said you shouldn't use the word Disability as it may offend. I've had heart and back problems for over 40 years. The article never said what word to use. Handicap, no I cant use that I'm not a horse, how about physically impaired I think I may fit into that category. I know stu###d that would cover everything. Actually that was the word the cardiologist used to diagnose my heart problems.

diesel and creekboy like this.
  15. creekboy

Sep 7, 2016
    Be careful , Kev. Old indeed, should that not now be Senior in years? Cheers mate ( oops, that's another one), sorry Kev. Cheers, creekboy.

diesel and kev209 like this.
  16. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Tac, what the world needs at the moment are leaders without big egos who are prepared to take a united approach to forming a strategy to combat the two biggest threats to the planet - over population and wide scale environmental damage because of it.

Wars don't help to solve some of the bigger problems, they just shift the balance of power to somebody else with a huge ego, boosted by the fact that they won.

Jeff

17. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    X2

diesel and creekboy like this.
  18. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    What I think Tackleberry meant was politically correct wowsers of today do not know suffering and concentrate on the most moronic stuff...like not offending anybody.
    cheers
    Team Bender
    Happy to offend!

kev209, diesel and creekboy like this.
  19. creekboy

Sep 7, 2016
    X2. Cheers, creekboy.

kev209 and diesel like this.
  20. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016