1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

An outstanding gesture of goodwill from my local fishing shop

Discussion in 'Fishing General Chat' started by gbradtke, Mar 19, 2010.

1. gbradtke

gbradtke New Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Not sure if this is the right thread, nor correct forum etiquette but I think it worthy of sharing here.
    I purchased a Shimano sophia jigging rod from the complete angler in Ringwood Victoria.
    The sophia is a $400 carbon jigging rod.
    On it's first day out in a boat it 'somehow' dropped into the outboard well and when I turned the steering arm came across and broke the rod clean through.
    It was completely my own stupidity that was to blame for the loss of this fine rod.
    Devastated, I took it back to the store in some vague hope they could fix it, which they were willing to attempt.

I don't know a lot about carbon fibre, but I'm pretty sure it cannot be repaired ...
    ...to cut a long story short, and without going into detail (I am not sure they would appreciate me blurting it around), I now have an awesome brand new rod and I couldn't be happier.

On it's first (actually used) day out at Mornington I brought in a lovely bag of Calamari with my 7 year old son.
    This was my first attempt at squid and I was armed solely with the jigs and advice I was given by the friendly guys there.

I don't think I would ever get this sort of response for a large department store.

Thank you Complete Angler

2. Tombowler76

Tombowler76 EEEE OOORRR!

Jan 11, 2007
    Hi mate, welcome to Tacklebox.

Its always good to hear of some quality local service from your tackle retailer, with the ever increasing ease for consumers to buy online and from overseas its this sort of personal service that sets the locals apart from the rest and helps to justify the bit more we often pay compared to online for these things.
    enjoy your squidding, sounds like you got a nice feed there :)
    cheers
    Jules

3. mitchmcm

mitchmcm Member

Feb 2, 2010
    good job i have only been squiding once and got 3 little ones there very fun