1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Anxiety? any one suffers from it?

Discussion in 'Chewing the fat' started by Missniss, Feb 8, 2018.

1. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    X2, Cheers, creekboy.

kev209 likes this.
  2. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    maybe a nice relaxing fishing trip is just what u need, does me wonders!

creekboy, Rod Bender and kev209 like this.
  3. Missniss

Missniss Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Sounds bloody awesome blair
    this post was back in February, but..........:) maybe you are right :) Might have to try and do that very soon :)

creekboy and kev209 like this.
  4. Bluefin

Bluefin Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2016
    Hi Sandy, just read this tonight. Yes i have Anxiety and depression. I just want to curl up and sleep as I feel safe there, Going fishing is now a huge effort, I have a new Psychologist who is a big help, He is working on showing me ways to divert my thoughts onto other things and away from those that trigger attacks . Praying for you, Howard.

5. Missniss

Jan 27, 2018
    Thanks to all the doctors appointments I don't seem to suffer from anxiety so much any more :)
    I am never home now lol
    I have been taking a few trips to Sydney as well to stay with friends which has helped me out immensely :)
    Plus I have changed the way I look at things, thanks to some wise words said to me on here :) I keep myself busy and have come to realise if s h i t is gonna happen there is nothing I or anyone can do about it :)

diesel, Old fisho, Rod Bender and 3 others like this.
  6. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    Some good advice there, Sandy. Cheers, creekboy (Lyall).

7. Missniss

Jan 27, 2018
    Yet again, I think I need an absentee note lol been to Sydney and hospital several times.
    Condition has progressed, chemo has now been doubled yet again. Funny hey, as your condition worsens the names get shorter lol thank goodness :) But am still in the land of the living, making a "legends" list, need to start getting out there and ticking a few things off while I can :) 1. on the list, that son and I both agree on is learning how to fly fish. 2. is still Murray river by kayaks :) I'm gonna do it even if it kills me :)

creekboy, diesel, Madfisher and 3 others like this.
  8. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    Hi Sandy good to see you posting, life's a bitch [I know you won't take offence to that word] the older we get the more Bulls##t we have to go through. I got a few test results back the other day, Flying is out for a while longer, long trips are out for a while, advised to keep in range of a major Hospital. I'm not that close to one at home, spose you have to listen to the Experts.

creekboy, diesel and Missniss like this.
  9. Missniss

Jan 27, 2018
    Not good Kev :( but know how you feel, my flying days are over, wanted to get a trip back in to the cape, but that's out. Be lucky to get one in to Qld to see my great niece or nephew being born, hopefully. Just another crappy hand of cards we are dealt that we have to live with hey x :) Life doesn't suck, but I tell ya, I am gonna find that person I ran over and do some nasty s h i t to him lol

10. Missniss

Jan 27, 2018
    One thing on my legends list that my son has added is a deep sea fishing trip. I used to work on trawlers when I was younger, but he has never been, he is my fishing buddy, so would love to accomodate him while I am still able :)
    Anyone know of any that has reasonable rates? One day would be suffice. Anyone know any? NSW or QLD :)

creekboy, diesel and kev209 like this.
  11. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    G'day Sandy, good to see you back again.

There are a lot of charter boats working out of most of the fishing ports of NSW and Qld and picking the right one is the big question. I reckon you can't go past Port Stephens as being one the best locations and if you pick a charter that offers both offshore reef & deep sea plus estuary should the weather turn bad then you will be on a winner. Sorry I can't suggest any particular mob to try, but Google will help you out on that.

Jeff

creekboy, Madfisher, kev209 and 2 others like this.
  12. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    Good to see you back girl, even if you're still struggling a bit. Your story is a bit sad. Life's just that bit bit harder when travelling is an issue but Eucumbene during the summer is a good place to get into
    fly fishing. If you could get there for a while I'd do my damnest to help. We have accommodation and all the gear there (in heaps). Noel

13. Missniss

Jan 27, 2018
    Thanks Jeff :) Will look into that :)
    Noel, that would be b l oo d y fantastic mate :) My son and I would love that.
    We'll definitely have to work something out :)

14. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    You netter work on it then Miiss. I'll keep you posted on my own performance which could be a bit better but it could also be worse. N

15. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    Kev. I know you're not travelling as you'd like. I feel for you old mate. I'm still on the endless search for some good in this getting older business. Not succeeding. Still waiting here for the date for next cardiac surgery. Boss is in panic because book launch is only four weeks away and last time, the recovery time was about a month. Will ring again today to check. If it's not until later next week; I'll ask medico to defer it until after the book day. Like Sandy; we all have a cross to bear but I wish it wasn't glued on. I'd rather drop it. We think often of the good lady Lyn too as she is also carrying some of the load. Regards, Noel.

creekboy, Madfisher and kev209 like this.
  16. Missniss

Jan 27, 2018
    Have created a new past time :) Fossishing :) Go fishing, when nothing is biting, go fossicking instead :)
    Planning on a trip not far from home, on the hunt for a ruby, hopefully a diamond :) cough cough
    be more like a cold I'll get lol
    But best of both worlds, I can't lose :)

creekboy, blair, Madfisher and 3 others like this.
  17. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Good luck with the fossicking, Sandy, it is also a passion of mine. Many years ago I took it to the next level as shown in the pic below. You will find that in some ways the results of fossicking are similar to fishing - there is a lot of water between fish and there is a lot of dirt between gemstones.
    125) He wishes the sapphires were that big.JPG

Jeff

18. Missniss

Jan 27, 2018
    Opal mine Jeff?
    We used to go fossicking as kids, bought myself a metal detector as I live in Gold country :)
    So I thought, well it's time to start getting back out there and do both things I love doing :)

Madfisher, creekboy and kev209 like this.
  19. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Sapphires, Sandy. Where I am kneeling is near enough to 60 feet below the surface - a lot of work for mixed rewards. We live on the mining claims for about 6 to 8 months of the year and then take off fishing somewhere for the remainder. It's a very basic sort of lifestyle, not connected to the electricity grid or town water, we use solar & generator power and have ample rainwater storage, good neighbours and I can leave the vehicle unlocked overnight with keys in the ignition knowing that it will still be there in the morning.

I still chase a bit of gold every now and then, usually up the Cape or a cross country trip to WA. The good thing about gold is that it is easy to sell, not such the case with a lot of gemstones due to the increase in synthetic stone being churned out in Asian labs. Opal is probably the most easily saleable stone at the moment, especially high quality boulder opal from western Qld, but the market can be fickle and what sells well today may not sell tomorrow. It's a great past-time though, one that keeps you fit and healthy.

The pic below is some nuggety gold from a little patch I worked not far north of Menzies in WA - 45 grams in less than 2 hours and sold it to a buyer the following day for $2,000.

WA gold.JPG

Jeff

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
    blair, Madfisher, creekboy and 2 others like this.
  20. Missniss

Jan 27, 2018
    Wow nice nuggets :) I'd be happy just finding one of something at the moment lol