1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

AS FROM TODAY THE GREENS ARE PUSHING FOR MORE MARINE PARKS

Discussion in 'Fishing in New South Wales' started by Robert Stone, Jan 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robert Stone

Robert Stone Active Member

Jan 2, 2017
    Hi,
    The lock outs are on.

Cheers

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
    kev209 likes this.
  2. reelaxation

reelaxation Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2016
    This is not news and has been in planning for the last 18-24months- the proposed additional marine parts throughout Sydney and central coast/Newcastle regions along with extensions to other already existing marine parks in NSW.

In so far as fishing on the central coast is, well in 35years+ fishing the coast Ive never seen so little fish around my local beach and also inside Brisbane water and Hawkesbury river- to say fishing is thriving in these areas is just a complete croc- the only areas flourishing with fish are Sydney Harbour and Lake Macquarie where commercial fishing has been stopped for many years. Offshore is a totally different story as 95% of the fish we catch are seasonal fish with the main stays being Snapper/Trevally/Flathead/ Pearl Perch and Kingfish. The tuna and Marlin species are all seasonal and only come on for a very short period of time.

I also note the declining fish stocks in the area are not attributed to professional fisherman- most of the problem are the recreations fisho's who take bucket loads of undersized fish- there have already been several people busted in The Entrance and Tuggerah Lakes in the last week for taking undersized fish and also for not having a license. As Sydney areas are now already being locked out by way of local councils banning fishing from a lot of known spots (like ferry wharves on the parra and lane cove rivers) most people now travel from Sydney to rape and pillage the central coast waters as there are less fisheries inspectors so there is less risk of getting busted compared to Sydney harbour.

The government and Mr Blaire should be implementing recreational fishing havens instead of marine parks and have strict bag limits for these areas to ensure the longevity of stocks for future generations.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
    diesel likes this.
  3. westyonline

westyonline death to the mud guzzlers

Nov 24, 2009
    i think they should have more fisheries inspectors, and an overhaul on licences too
    maybe have a "catch and release only" licence and a separate one for "catch and kill"
    but unless we have people to enforce the rules, people will stretch them as far as they can get away with

diesel likes this.
  4. westyonline

westyonline death to the mud guzzlers

Nov 24, 2009
    do the right thing, you have nothing to worry about.....but still hate cops!
    and from what i have heard, the cennie coast does attract alot of "undesirables"

diesel likes this.
  5. reelaxation

Aug 12, 2016
    The greens know only too well the fractured state of fisherman and they use the ones who are doing the wrong thing to base their case, but in reality most fisho's do the right things and keep to bag limits and have their license.
    Not only do they use bogus scientific research, but the greens are very aware of the differences between catch and release fishers and those who keep their catch for a feed, and the constant feud between either side means the fishing community cannot agree amongst themselves.
    The point is why fight amongst ourselves over opinions and personal experiences when we should be banding together as a community and attempting to prevent the lockouts to start with... If everyone agreed and made a stance on marine parks and recreational fishing havens no one would be arguing, such a silly idea calling names and belittling others experiences and opinions because they don't match your own. If you don't like someone's opinion then maybe PM to discuss offline in a respectable way not in the forum where the public can clearly see all threads and use those against us in the long term.

diesel, Sprinter and Rod Bender like this.
  6. reelaxation

Aug 12, 2016
    Mate hundreds of thousands of people on the eastern seaboard is going to suffer the same fate if they are approved, and they will be approved lets face it so need to suck it up and get back to fishing where we can. Fighting amongst ourselves solves nothing and the cop out of freedom of speech and democracy well there isn't such a thing anymore and there hasn't been for some years in case you have had your head stuck under a rock.

diesel and kev209 like this.
  7. strikem

strikem Active Member

May 5, 2008
    I removed some of my replies as i noticed he's argumentative and has a agenda planned
    I would strongly suggest to everyone to ignoring this one and letting it fade away into the darkest deepest part of forum history

diesel, reelaxation and Sprinter like this.
  8. Sprinter

Sprinter Active Member

Aug 17, 2016
    Agree with Reelaxation etc. We do ourselves no good by getting into pissing contests. If thats the tone of "message" sent to those who can make decisions then all we will do is make enemies of them.If we show ourselves to be sensible responsible sportspeople then our opinions may be taken more seriously.

diesel and reelaxation like this.
  9. reelaxation

Aug 12, 2016
    I have contacted Admin and requested the thread be closed to further discussion or deleted from the forum completely. I am also going to report the user in question for blatant bullying of members.

diesel and Sprinter like this.
  10. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Robert, or admin have deleted his posts. I would just forget this happened and move on. Topics like this will usually end bad.
    Cheers
    Jim

diesel and reelaxation like this.
  11. Robert Stone

Robert Stone Active Member

Jan 2, 2017
    I deleted the posts.When the lock out laws become law in your areas,don't blame me. As far as agendas go. It was to stop the lock out laws. I don't need you lot I will still fight the lock out laws on my own. Thanks for your help.

12. Wunderlust

Wunderlust Active Member Admin

Jul 9, 2007
    Guys thread closed.

Tim

Sprinter and diesel like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.